Architecture PDFs --> Wiki (X-Post from old discussion on SF developers list)

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2009
      >From Tom
      >
      >I have folded in the two version 0.60 PDFs into the Wiki, resulting
      >in:
      >
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Key_Terms
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Design_Concepts_for_PCGen
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Rules_Persistence_System
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Load_Commit_Subsystem
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Rules_Data_Store
      >http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tags_and_Tokens

      Thanks for doing this Tom, although the PDFs were great, I guess this allows other people to contribute directly.

      >The main Architecture page has also been reorganized.
      >Some requests:
      >
      >If you find places where I have missed cross references, please fill >them in :)
      >
      >If terms located in the pages that are unclear or should be defined
      >in a universal index, and there is not yet a Concept page for that
      >item, please add them to the Key Terms page (If the item is unclear,
      >just the title is fine, otherwise you can take a shot at describing
      >what it is - note I'm trying to keep the Key Terms in alphabetical
      >order)
      >
      >If there are things that remain unclear, please start to point those
      >out, as I believe I have most of the concepts that are part of the
      >5.16 changes up on the Wiki. The only other walk throughs I think
      >need to be done:
      >
      >- Walk through how the appropriate token is selected given a tag
      >(e.g. what if there is a Template FOO and a Global FOO token and a
      >FOO token for PCGen 5.14 compatibility)
      >- Walk through how data is retrieved from the Rules Data Store

      Just chasing up on this:

      Have people been able to take a look at these and assist Tom?
      Or do people think there are no major gaps?
      Or do people not understand this stuff?
      Or do people not have time?

      >Realized I also owe:
      >- ChooseResultActor Concept Document (5.16 concept) [e.g. this is how
      >AUTO:WEAPONPROF:%LIST grabs the result of the CHOOSE: token]
      >- Primitive Choice Filter Concept Document (5.17 concept)
      >- Choose Primitive Concept Document (5.17 concept) [some of this is
      >already done in the Choose rebuild pages, but it deserves its own
      >page]
      >- Choose Qualifier Concept Document (5.17 concept) [some of this is
      >already done in the Choose rebuild pages, but it deserves its own >page]

      I think these are on the wiki in some form now Tom, Under the CHOOSE rebuild section?

      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2009
        --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
        > >Realized I also owe:
        > >- ChooseResultActor Concept Document (5.16 concept) [e.g. this is how
        > >AUTO:WEAPONPROF:%LIST grabs the result of the CHOOSE: token]
        > >- Primitive Choice Filter Concept Document (5.17 concept)
        > >- Choose Primitive Concept Document (5.17 concept) [some of this is
        > >already done in the Choose rebuild pages, but it deserves its own
        > >page]
        > >- Choose Qualifier Concept Document (5.17 concept) [some of this is
        > >already done in the Choose rebuild pages, but it deserves its own >page]
        >
        > I think these are on the wiki in some form now Tom, Under the CHOOSE rebuild section?

        Yes and no. They are there in that the concepts are mentioned, but assuming we go forward with the CHOOSE syntax in some form similar to the proposal, they are critical enough to need a separate entry.