Re: [pcgen_developers] Tracking System for new site

    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 17, 2009
      Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > Tom Parker wrote:
      >> A few other comments:
      >> trac and Mantis are available as hosted apps on SourceForge
      >>
      >> Since all of these are something we can install and test, we should reduce this to (preferably) 2 or (maybe) 3 options and push their features to see what we think.
      >>
      >> We should also look at the difficulty in exporting/importing from the SourceForge XML export format since we don't want to lose our existing trackers (None of the tools seemed exactly incapable of this, it was just a matter of difficulty)
      >>

      > I can do an install, need to monitor our webspace storage use though. Looking at JIRA some of the features are present in the standard edition, which is what I think we would get if we get the Non-profit Free Version.
      >> TP.
      >> --
      >>
      >> Tom Parker
      >>
      >> thpr@... and tppublic@...

      Enabled them - they should be up and running shortly.

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 17, 2009
        Once they are active, please insert OVERT comments into them somehow so users don't think we are actually using them for production!

        thpr@... and tppublic@...

            mailto:pcgen_developers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:pcgen_developers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 17, 2009
          Tom Parker wrote:
          > Once they are active, please insert OVERT comments into them somehow so users don't think we are actually using them for production!

          No problem.

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 17, 2009
            Folks,

            I got both TRAC and MANTIS setup. Access via HostedApps pull down menu.

            I'm initially disappointed with Trac. The Admin interface is missing so I can't customize it at all.

            Mantis is much nicer, I've fiddled a little with it. Feel free to mess around and get a feel. I suspect the Admins of the Project will be automatically Admins on the Mantis. If not let me know and I'll get you admin'd so you can play with the settings too.

            Both have a Big Note telling users that they are not for general use.

            -Andrew

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 17, 2009
              While we're mentioning features taht we'd like to see, can I
              mention that I'd like to see a tool that allows proper editing
              of things that are posted to the tracker. The immutability
              of the sourceforge trackers drives me mad. Someone
              posts a badly formatted tracker and you're stuck with it.
              And stuff copied between trackers looks abysmal.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 20, 2009
                As an aside, the other OS project I'm heavily involved with evaluated Trac on SF and found it to be better than SF Tracker but inferior to JIRA, we moved to JIRA pretty quickly after that.

                SF hosted apps tend to have the problem of having most features disabled with no way of you enabling them :(.