Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: Evaluation for OS replacement by a third party product...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2009
      Andrew,

      I know you are trying to drive this to closure, but I do not believe we are close to that.  This isn't a simple matter and in case it is unclear, my concerns from my previous comment on this topic have not been addressed.

      While I give some credit to Apache projects, I certainly trust James' perspective.  However, I would like to walk through some usage scenarios.  I am hesitant to support any transition without that due diligence.

      thpr@... and tppublic@...

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 17, 2009
        Tom Parker wrote:
        > Andrew,
        >
        > I know you are trying to drive this to closure, but I do not believe we are close to that. This isn't a simple matter and in case it is unclear, my concerns from my previous comment on this topic have not been addressed.

        Yeah, closure would be nice. :) Oh well, can't fault a guy for trying.

        > While I give some credit to Apache projects, I certainly trust James' perspective. However, I would like to walk through some usage scenarios. I am hesitant to support any transition without that due diligence.

        What needs to be done to get the ball rolling in the right direction. (READ: What can I do to help?)

        Is this something only someone with code experience will be able to provide?
        Do we need people familiar with the OS system to jump on board?

        Is this something we should move to a broader audience? (Say the pcgen main group)