Re: JIRA components

    Message 1 of 21 , May 21 4:05 AM
      Yep, that's pretty much what I was after (I'd also like to have any of the Resolved/Closed issues retrospectively corrected as well).

      So I've removed the old Components and added in the new ones. The Confirmed bugs can now have their Components set by the Code/Arch teams.

      I've also updated the How to use JIRA page to reflect the new workflow for the CODE project.

      I'd also like to retroactively fix Component on Resolved and Closed issues. I'm happy to do the legwork here, but if the Code/Arch teams want to be strict about setting the Components then I'll need to work with one/some of you over IRC to clear this up. Perhaps before/after the next Code team meeting?

      Message 2 of 21 , May 21 2:39 PM
        Please add "Prerequisite" as another Component.

        Message 3 of 21 , May 21 2:40 PM
          Make that "Prerequisite System"

          Message 4 of 21 , May 22 6:43 AM
            Add:

            NPCGen
            Message 5 of 21 , May 22 9:01 AM
              Add:

              LST Converter
              Message 6 of 21 , May 22 9:31 AM
                --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                > Oh and I'd add one other component there: Bitesize. As we can have
                > more than one component selected, searching for this would give a new
                > contributor an idea of what was manageable to tackle.

                Is it possible to get an entirely new field in JIRA? I'd think we'd want "Theme", so that when we have a whole bunch of related items that are not a component (e.g. the Skill cost / CSKILL rebuild), we can tie them together. Bitesize would be one of those themes.

                Proposed Themes:
                Equipment Rebuild (this is the container issue)
                Skill Rebuild (cskill cost, et al)
                Spell Rebuild (parsing today's string fields so they can be BONUSed/modified)
                I18N
                Bitesize
                Network

                others?

                Message 7 of 21 , May 22 1:27 PM
                  Hi Tom,

                  On 5/22/2010 9:31 AM, thpr wrote:
                  --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

                  Oh and I'd add one other component there: Bitesize. As we can have
                  more than one component selected, searching for this would give a new
                  contributor an idea of what was manageable to tackle.

                  Is it possible to get an entirely new field in JIRA?  I'd think we'd want "Theme", so that when we have a whole bunch of related items that are not a component (e.g. the Skill cost / CSKILL rebuild), we can tie them together.  Bitesize would be one of those themes.

                  Yes, we can make new fields. We just need specifics - which projects they apply to, which issue types, etc. These things are very customizable.

                  Proposed Themes:
                  Equipment Rebuild (this is the container issue)
                  Skill Rebuild (cskill cost, et al)
                  Spell Rebuild (parsing today's string fields so they can be BONUSed/modified)
                  I18N
                  Bitesize
                  Network

                  others?

                  PCGen Board of Directors, Admin Silverback
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 23 11:43 PM
                    Done.

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 23 11:44 PM
                      Updated

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 23 11:44 PM
                        Added

                        Message 11 of 21 , May 23 11:45 PM
                          Added

                          Message 12 of 21 , May 23 11:47 PM
                            Would a combination of using Tags and/or Linking the issues be sufficient?

                            Message 13 of 21 , May 24 5:21 AM
                              Linking is not sufficient.  I want to be able to filter on it.  That's also why I'm not fond of tags - I suspect that will get polluted with other random things.  This is one item, it's how we seem to think about things (since we were already using Themes as components), so it seems appropriate.

                              TP
                              thpr@... and tppublic@...