my_outputsheets

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
      Call me slow but I only just noticed that there were a bunch of
      duplicate output sheets in the export window. Digging around I find
      that all the fantasy sheets have been copied to this my_outputsheets
      directory (which I had not heard of before). I don't think this is a
      good idea, we already have the problem that the user must select from
      all the sheets, which include invalid sheets from other gameModes. now
      this is compounded by a number of duplicates. This is also a pain for
      maintenance because we'll have to keep the duplicates synchronized with
      the originals.

      I understand the intent of the my_outputsheets directory, what I would
      suggest we do is scale it back and only include one sheet for each type
      we have and rename them "my_statblock", "my_standard" etc.. That way we
      reduce the clutter in the export window, clearly identify the sheets
      from the my_outputsheets and remove the need to synchronize them with
      the originals since they serve as example templates for users to modify.

      Thoughts?

      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2010
        Prune away, it was set up for users who wanted something like the MyData
        set up deal.

        Didn't realize it had a bunch of repeats though.