Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

SPELLPOINTCOST tag?

Expand Messages
  • Tir Gwaith
    Hi, I m finally getting some time to knock out some Prettylst trackers; updating it for use with 6.0... I ve come across a tracker for a tag that is
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2010
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      I'm finally getting some time to knock out some Prettylst trackers;
      updating it for use with 6.0... I've come across a tracker for a tag
      that is apparently missing from any sort of documentation.

      Does this tag exist? If so, where is it used, and what is the syntax?
      We need to get this in the docs, and I need to know those to include
      in PL.

      SPELLPOINTCOST

      My PL tracker:
      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1946002&group_id=25576&atid=750093

      --
      Tir Gwaith
      PCGen LST Chimp
    • Eddy Anthony
      ... The tag does exist, we have two instances of it in our data: /pcgen/data/alpha/en_publishing/elements_of_magic_revised/eomr_spells.lst From my
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 10, 2010
      • 0 Attachment
        Tir Gwaith scribed:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm finally getting some time to knock out some Prettylst trackers;
        > updating it for use with 6.0... I've come across a tracker for a tag
        > that is apparently missing from any sort of documentation.
        >
        > Does this tag exist? If so, where is it used, and what is the syntax?
        > We need to get this in the docs, and I need to know those to include
        > in PL.
        >
        > SPELLPOINTCOST
        >
        > My PL tracker:
        > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1946002&group_id=25576&atid=7
        > 50093
        >
        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

        The tag does exist, we have two instances of it in our data:

        /pcgen/data/alpha/en_publishing/elements_of_magic_revised/eomr_spells.lst

        From my understanding it was meant to support the spell system in this
        source which is very different from the standard d20 system.

        Instead of whole spells casters learn lists which they can then combine into
        custom spells, each part has a cost (which SPELLPOINTCOST is meant to track)
        and if you had the points to cast the spell you could.

        Joe Frazier originally coded the set and I believe he also coded the tag, I
        did the data review and got the set into the release.

        I'm not sure what the intent was with this tag, seems unnecessary since you
        can create the spells on the fly at the table. There is also no way to
        construct custom spells in this manor in the PCGen GUI, you'd need to edit
        the text file to do it. To top it all off the tag doesn't really do anything
        but hold a value, you can't do anything with it though, it doesn't display
        in the GUI and I don't think it has an OS token (though I don't know how to
        check for that).

        In short it seems an unfinished project, we should ping Joe about it. I
        think we lost him to the MapTools project :-(
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
        ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
        ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru
      • Andrew Maitland
        ... We did lose him to Maptools and 4e. He actually had an OS sheet, one of which I have lying around here somewhere, where it showed the value of the spell,
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 11, 2010
        • 0 Attachment
          On 2/10/2010 8:45 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
          > Tir Gwaith scribed:
          >
          >
          >> Hi,
          >>
          >> I'm finally getting some time to knock out some Prettylst trackers;
          >> updating it for use with 6.0... I've come across a tracker for a tag
          >> that is apparently missing from any sort of documentation.
          >>
          >> Does this tag exist? If so, where is it used, and what is the syntax?
          >> We need to get this in the docs, and I need to know those to include
          >> in PL.
          >>
          >> SPELLPOINTCOST
          >>
          >> My PL tracker:
          >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1946002&group_id=25576&atid=7
          >> 50093
          >>
          >> --
          >> Tir Gwaith
          >> PCGen LST Chimp
          >>
          > The tag does exist, we have two instances of it in our data:
          >
          > /pcgen/data/alpha/en_publishing/elements_of_magic_revised/eomr_spells.lst
          >
          > > From my understanding it was meant to support the spell system in this
          > source which is very different from the standard d20 system.
          >
          > Instead of whole spells casters learn lists which they can then combine into
          > custom spells, each part has a cost (which SPELLPOINTCOST is meant to track)
          > and if you had the points to cast the spell you could.
          >
          > Joe Frazier originally coded the set and I believe he also coded the tag, I
          > did the data review and got the set into the release.
          >
          > I'm not sure what the intent was with this tag, seems unnecessary since you
          > can create the spells on the fly at the table. There is also no way to
          > construct custom spells in this manor in the PCGen GUI, you'd need to edit
          > the text file to do it. To top it all off the tag doesn't really do anything
          > but hold a value, you can't do anything with it though, it doesn't display
          > in the GUI and I don't think it has an OS token (though I don't know how to
          > check for that).
          >
          > In short it seems an unfinished project, we should ping Joe about it. I
          > think we lost him to the MapTools project :-(
          >

          We did lose him to Maptools and 4e.

          He actually had an OS sheet, one of which I have lying around here
          somewhere, where it showed the value of the spell, so it has some OS
          support.

          But yes, the rest of the project for the BONUS and such has gone into
          limbo at this point since Joe lost interest in Elements of Magic and got
          hooked into 4e. (He was coding what his group was playing, so when they
          shifted focus to 4e, that's when he abandoned the project).

          --

          Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
          Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
          Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        • karianna03
          Hi all, If this is an incomplete tag then we should raise a doc freq to note that and then perhaps a code bug to remove it, does that sound reasonable? K
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi all,

            If this is an incomplete tag then we should raise a doc freq to note that and then perhaps a code bug to remove it, does that sound reasonable?

            K

            --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            > On 2/10/2010 8:45 PM, Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > > Tir Gwaith scribed:
            > >
            > >
            > >> Hi,
            > >>
            > >> I'm finally getting some time to knock out some Prettylst trackers;
            > >> updating it for use with 6.0... I've come across a tracker for a tag
            > >> that is apparently missing from any sort of documentation.
            > >>
            > >> Does this tag exist? If so, where is it used, and what is the syntax?
            > >> We need to get this in the docs, and I need to know those to include
            > >> in PL.
            > >>
            > >> SPELLPOINTCOST
            > >>
            > >> My PL tracker:
            > >> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=1946002&group_id=25576&atid=7
            > >> 50093
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> Tir Gwaith
            > >> PCGen LST Chimp
            > >>
            > > The tag does exist, we have two instances of it in our data:
            > >
            > > /pcgen/data/alpha/en_publishing/elements_of_magic_revised/eomr_spells.lst
            > >
            > > > From my understanding it was meant to support the spell system in this
            > > source which is very different from the standard d20 system.
            > >
            > > Instead of whole spells casters learn lists which they can then combine into
            > > custom spells, each part has a cost (which SPELLPOINTCOST is meant to track)
            > > and if you had the points to cast the spell you could.
            > >
            > > Joe Frazier originally coded the set and I believe he also coded the tag, I
            > > did the data review and got the set into the release.
            > >
            > > I'm not sure what the intent was with this tag, seems unnecessary since you
            > > can create the spells on the fly at the table. There is also no way to
            > > construct custom spells in this manor in the PCGen GUI, you'd need to edit
            > > the text file to do it. To top it all off the tag doesn't really do anything
            > > but hold a value, you can't do anything with it though, it doesn't display
            > > in the GUI and I don't think it has an OS token (though I don't know how to
            > > check for that).
            > >
            > > In short it seems an unfinished project, we should ping Joe about it. I
            > > think we lost him to the MapTools project :-(
            > >
            >
            > We did lose him to Maptools and 4e.
            >
            > He actually had an OS sheet, one of which I have lying around here
            > somewhere, where it showed the value of the spell, so it has some OS
            > support.
            >
            > But yes, the rest of the project for the BONUS and such has gone into
            > limbo at this point since Joe lost interest in Elements of Magic and got
            > hooked into 4e. (He was coding what his group was playing, so when they
            > shifted focus to 4e, that's when he abandoned the project).
            >
            > --
            >
            > Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            > Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
            > Data Chimp, Docs Tamarin
            > Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
            >
          • Tir Gwaith
            ... Not an incomplete tag, since ppl have seen OS examples with it. We just need to (figure out how it works and) document it. I sent Joe an email requesting
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
            • 0 Attachment
              On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:13 PM, karianna03 <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
              > Hi all,
              >
              > If this is an incomplete tag then we should raise a doc freq to note that and then perhaps a code bug to remove it, does that sound reasonable?


              Not an incomplete tag, since ppl have seen OS examples with it. We
              just need to (figure out how it works and) document it. I sent Joe an
              email requesting info.. :)

              --
              Tir Gwaith
              PCGen LST Chimp
            • Eric C Smith
              Hi Folks! There is a doc tracker for tis tag (1968269). There is some info in the tracker that I cobled together but its never been confirmed and I could never
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 3, 2010
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi Folks!

                There is a doc tracker for tis tag (1968269). There is some info in
                the tracker that I cobled together but its never been confirmed and I
                could never get anything from Joe on it. I have reassigned the tracker
                to myself and can add it to the docs if someone can confirm the
                behavior.

                Tracker: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1968269&group_id=25576&atid=748235

                Eric C. Smith
                Doc 2nd

                On Feb 15, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Tir Gwaith wrote:

                > On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 8:13 PM, karianna03
                > <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                >> Hi all,
                >>
                >> If this is an incomplete tag then we should raise a doc freq to
                >> note that and then perhaps a code bug to remove it, does that sound
                >> reasonable?
                >
                >
                > Not an incomplete tag, since ppl have seen OS examples with it. We
                > just need to (figure out how it works and) document it. I sent Joe an
                > email requesting info.. :)
                >
                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.