Re: [pcgen_developers] CDOM UI work (was Getting Started Again)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
      Hi Connor,

      Excellent news. If you are going to hit the summary panel, I'll pick another one to work on - maybe the deity/domain one. I'll also be happy to provide any facade support needed to get the basics/summary panel working.

      I'm also going to try and set-up the CDOM UI branch on hudson so we get the usual feedback on compile errors etc.

      On 3 February 2010 08:26, Connor Petty <mistercpp2000@...> wrote:

      I have a bit of free time so I'll be contributing 10hrs or more a week on the CDOM UI work. Hopefully I'll have a prototype of the new summary panel out the door soon so I'll start getting back to work on that. In the mean time I want to start the discussions on the other panels that haven't been touched yet on the wiki.

      It's good to be back :)

      On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      I trust everyone had a refreshing break over Christmas/New Year - as I
      found myself it can be a great time to recharge! On the code front it
      has been rather quiet over the past month or so and it is now time to
      get our efforts for 6.0 back up and running.

      One way in which this is easier is that there will no longer be any
      coding done in the 5.16 branch, so we are fine to do larger scale
      changes in the trunk without fear of compatibility issues arising.

      There are 5 major projects we have planned for 6.0. These are
      * CDOM
      * UI Revamp (including CDOM UI and the designers review of the UI)
      * LST editor
      * Bonus system revamp
      * Output token revamp

      If you have been or are involved in these could you post back with your
      status in the next week or so. Also if you are just keen to get
      involved, please post too.

      What I am really interested in is your intent to participate and what
      time you would see yourself having to dedicate to it in the next couple
      of months. From that we will know which projects are active and which
      need new people to be involved.

    • Connor Petty
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
        On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

        Hi Connor,

        Excellent news. If you are going to hit the summary panel, I'll pick another one to work on - maybe the deity/domain one. I'll also be happy to provide any facade support needed to get the basics/summary panel working.

        That sounds like a good start, but if I recall correctly there were some discussions that would put the deity selection on the Summary page. So if that was the plan then you would only have to work on a domain panel. But I'm not sure if there was a consensus on that idea. Until an agreement is found on deity selection you could work on the equipment tab, or in the very least start a discussion on it because that tab has a lot of room for improvement.

        I'm also going to try and set-up the CDOM UI branch on hudson so we get the usual feedback on compile errors etc.

        Sounds good.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 2, 2010
          Hi All,

          John has come up with a new Summary screen, Kerry is just going to give him some feedback and then he's going to post it on the wiki.

          It's probably different enough to the 'latest' screenshot that you'll want to hold off jumping on it for a few days.

          Sorry for the delays in managing this, internet access from various parental homes leaves a lot to be desired :|