Re: Getting Started Again

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 31, 2010

      My on again/off again main contribution will actually be to update the OS Token documentation to match reality.

      I also try to co-ordinate any of our large scale projects that involve multiple teams to try and make sure we stick to our Roadmap.

      > Just to contribute my own intent. I'm particularly interested in the UI
      > revamp and will be contributing there initially. I will probably have
      > 5-6 hours a week initially but I'd expect that once we get some
      > momentum
      > up I'll increase that - that seems to be the way I work :) The first
      > task I am intending to work on is a basics page in the CDOM UI
      > branch to match the ideas posted in the UI discussion on the wiki.

      On this point, John is working on a newer screenshot based on the feedback on that wiki page + some other discoveries he's made with Kerry (the other Graphic Designer). I'll chase him and see where he's up to for you.

    • Connor Petty
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2010
        I have a bit of free time so I'll be contributing 10hrs or more a week on the CDOM UI work. Hopefully I'll have a prototype of the new summary panel out the door soon so I'll start getting back to work on that. In the mean time I want to start the discussions on the other panels that haven't been touched yet on the wiki.

        It's good to be back :)

        On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:07 PM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        I trust everyone had a refreshing break over Christmas/New Year - as I
        found myself it can be a great time to recharge! On the code front it
        has been rather quiet over the past month or so and it is now time to
        get our efforts for 6.0 back up and running.

        One way in which this is easier is that there will no longer be any
        coding done in the 5.16 branch, so we are fine to do larger scale
        changes in the trunk without fear of compatibility issues arising.

        There are 5 major projects we have planned for 6.0. These are
        * CDOM
        * UI Revamp (including CDOM UI and the designers review of the UI)
        * LST editor
        * Bonus system revamp
        * Output token revamp

        If you have been or are involved in these could you post back with your
        status in the next week or so. Also if you are just keen to get
        involved, please post too.

        What I am really interested in is your intent to participate and what
        time you would see yourself having to dedicate to it in the next couple
        of months. From that we will know which projects are active and which
        need new people to be involved.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 3, 2010
          On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:01:59AM -0800, Tom Parker wrote:
          > I'm still focused on the core.� I will be less than 5 hours a week
          > through Feb, then back to 10+
          >
          > In addition to your list, I'd be interested to know as well if Andrew
          > (nuance) has looked further into the formula compiler discussion from
          > a few months ago.

          To be honest I haven't looked at it at all. Work got insanely busy for
          4 to 5 months and I haven't done anything. Things have quietened down
          again and I should be able to start looking at that stuff. I do intend
          to work on it during the transition to 6.0, but I'm aware that's it's
          not pencilled in as a project priority.

          Aquarius: (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)
          It's admirable that you're not getting all paranoid, especially
          considering the fact that everyone is plotting to take away
          everything you have.
        • Eric Jarman
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 3, 2010
            Just chiming in with a little research, as alternatives to JEP are few and far between.
            I found one that is still (sortof) active:  JMEP  http://jmep.tigris.org

            Other option would be to write our own in JavaCC or ANTLR. (Daunting, to say the least.)

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 3, 2010
              On Wed, Feb 03, 2010 at 03:19:52PM -0600, Eric Jarman wrote:
              > On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Andrew Wilson <andrew@...> wrote:
              >> On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:01:59AM -0800, Tom Parker wrote:
              >>> In addition to your list, I'd be interested to know as well if Andrew
              >>> (nuance) has looked further into the formula compiler discussion from
              >>> a few months ago.
              >>
              >> To be honest I haven't looked at it at all. Work got insanely busy for
              >> 4 to 5 months and I haven't done anything. Things have quietened down
              >> again and I should be able to start looking at that stuff. I do intend
              >> to work on it during the transition to 6.0, but I'm aware that's it's
              >> not pencilled in as a project priority.
              >
              > Just chiming in with a little research, as alternatives to JEP are few
              > and far between. I found one that is still (sortof) active: JMEP
              > http://jmep.tigris.org

              Thanks, I see it's actually older than JEP and started life as a maths
              parser written in C.

              > Other option would be to write our own in JavaCC or ANTLR. (Daunting,
              > to say the least.)

              Tom wrote a formula parser in java a couple of years ago. Our current
              intent is to base what we do on that. Tom checked it in ... about four
              monts ago (yikes!). I was supposed to look it over, but then work got
              mental and I haven't looked at it.

              It may be daunting, but Tom reckons that it's already working, it just
              needs integrated into out datat loading. Eventually we hope to have the
              formula fully parsed on loading, so we can catch errors and deprecate
              stuff properly. If we get it working we can bin both JEP and the old
              PCGen maths parser.

              Gemini: (May 21 - June 21)
              ensure uninterrupted access to this valuable business, entertainment,
              and predicting tool.
            • MotorViper
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2010
                Hi everyone, sorry I took so long to reply. Currently I'm snowed under
                at home and work so my contribution to the LST editor is going to have
                to go on hold. I can still do 4 or 5 hours a week so am available for
                small updates/fixes, particularily on the gui side. Sorry to leave you
                guys in the lurch on the bigger project.

                MV.