Re: [pcgen_developers] Time to retire the old Preview tab?

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 27, 2010
      On Wednesday 27 January 2010 17:08:22 Eddy Anthony wrote:
      > We got a bug report about the old preview tab, an Arcane Archer with an
      > enhanced arror/longbow does not get the correct to hit numbers on the
      > tab. Are there any plans to maintain the Preview tab and if not should
      > it be retired?
      Before it is retired, the preview.html character sheet should be expanded to
      show spells in some way.

      Stefan.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 27, 2010
        On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 05:24:17PM +0100, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
        > On Wednesday 27 January 2010 17:08:22 Eddy Anthony wrote:
        > > We got a bug report about the old preview tab, an Arcane Archer with an
        > > enhanced arror/longbow does not get the correct to hit numbers on the
        > > tab. Are there any plans to maintain the Preview tab and if not should
        > > it be retired?
        > Before it is retired, the preview.html character sheet should be expanded to
        > show spells in some way.

        It'd be nice to fix the bug in the equipment output that makes charged
        items put their charges on the wrong lines too.

        Scorpio: (Oct. 24 - Nov. 21)
        You'll soon find yourself in the midst of a power struggle, as two
        corrupt and ruthless families fight for control of a small town.
        Whatever you do, don't trust the drunken undertaker.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 27, 2010
          I would rather the old preview not be retired until we can get the output token system cleaned up.

          The old preview is a lot more convenient for understanding what code is being called for incorrect values than the output tokens, in my experience.

          TP.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 28, 2010
            I agree with Tom, the 'old' preview system gets data more or less directly from PCGen 'core' (for lack of a better term), the new tab gets the info via the OS Tokens (again more or less). It's been pretty invaluable for my checking of OS tokens....

            Long term? Sure we can can it :)

            --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:

            > I would rather the old preview not be retired until we can get the output token system cleaned up.
            >
            > The old preview is a lot more convenient for understanding what code is being called for incorrect values than the output tokens, in my experience.
            >
            > TP.

          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 28, 2010
              Hey if it's serving a purpose that's fine by me. I was thinking it wasn't
              and reports of bugs in it were just increasing the static.

              So should we still tracker bugs for it?

              Martijn Verburg scribed:

              > I agree with Tom, the 'old' preview system gets data more or less directly
              > from PCGen 'core' (for lack of a better term), the new tab gets the info via
              > the OS Tokens (again more or less). It's been pretty invaluable for my
              > checking of OS tokens....
              >
              > Long term? Sure we can can it :)

              > --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I would rather the old preview not be retired until we can get the output
              >> token system cleaned up.
              >>
              >> The old preview is a lot more convenient for understanding what code is being
              >> called for incorrect values than the output tokens, in my experience.
              >>
              >> TP.

              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
              ~ PCGen Data, Docs & Tracker Chimp
              ~ Outputsheet Tamarin & Mac build guru