Re: [pcgen_developers] UI layout thumbs
- Commenting as a user, I like the layout of Summary-screen-03.gif.
I do have a couple of specific suggestions, though:
1) Having two separate panels for 'Selected Class/Race Info' and 'Statistics' seems unnecessarily convoluted. Why not combine both into a user-selectable statblock format, like what is done on the Character Sheet tab? (Most of the statblocks have all this information combined anyway.)
2) I would like to see a Deity entry dropdown below Alignment. (I play a lot of Clerics.)
A more difficult idea to implement, related to #2:
Since only 2 base core classes use Domains, it would make more sense to move them from their own tab to somewhere under Class Abilities on the Feats/Abilties tab.On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:31 AM, John Carimando <tornotlukin1@...> wrote:
- One thing I'd like to see is the buttons for Roll and HP which are currently side by side changed since the obvious, and wrong, assumption is that Roll applies to HP and not to the stats above.
--- In email@example.com, John Carimando <tornotlukin1@...> wrote:
> I posted new UI layout thumbnails in the PCGen wiki.
> John Carimando
- I hadn't noticed that before, since I never used it.
But now I notice that the stat rolling option is seriously lacking: There should also be an option to see the dice rolls, and place them in the desired stat, rather than always just automatically placing them in the order they were rolled. Since some roll methods DO state that they must be placed 'as they drop', there should probably be an option to set the default behavior from the roll method definition.On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 3:17 AM, motorviper@... <motorviper@...> wrote:
One thing I'd like to see is the buttons for Roll and HP which are currently side by side changed since the obvious, and wrong, assumption is that Roll applies to HP and not to the stats above.