CDOM UI Screenshots

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009

      I've added some screenshots to the wiki of where things are up to in
      the CDOM UI branch. See
      http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=UI_Overhaul#Progress_Screenshots

      Feedback is welcome.

      If you want to have a look at the code or run it yourself, the code is at
      https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/sandbox/cdomui and the
      proposed UI is accessible from a menu item in the debug menu.

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2009
        Hi James,

        Thanks for this, I'm going to try and get my wife to take a look over this week and see if she can come up with some suggestions/tweaks.

        The new Graphic Designer that just joined the group (John?), can hopefully add something as well.

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009

          Just so you know there's some progress on this. Kerry is performing some analysis on the current PCGen application (using the Feats tab as the initial example) and will produce a document with some recommendations (and potentially a screenshot or two).

          She'll aim to put her recommendations in stages so we can tackle things in small groups at a time. She thought that even with a few small changes the existing UI could be far nicer place to be.

          ***The following statement is about the new UI, which is very much a work in progress, so take it with a grain of salt.***

          In terms of the new UI, she (and I) were both of the opinion that it was certainly snappier in its performance but suffered from the same sort of user experience issues as the current version of PCGen. So her recommendations can be taken for both UIs at this point.

          With luck I'll have something up on the wiki by tomorrow, if not then Monday (we're away this weekend).

          --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, "karianna03" <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

          > Hi James,
          >
          > Thanks for this, I'm going to try and get my wife to take a look over this week and see if she can come up with some suggestions/tweaks.
          >
          > The new Graphic Designer that just joined the group (John?), can hopefully add something as well.

          > --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > I've added some screenshots to the wiki of where things are up to in
          > > the CDOM UI branch. See
          > > http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=UI_Overhaul#Progress_Screenshots
          > >
          > > Feedback is welcome.
          > >
          > > If you want to have a look at the code or run it yourself, the code is at
          > > https://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pcgen/sandbox/cdomui and the
          > > proposed UI is accessible from a menu item in the debug menu.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Cheers,
          > > James Dempsey
          > > PCGen Code SB

        • John Carimando
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
            Where would one put up thumbnails for everyone to see? Can i do it in the email and it shows up in the thread?
            John

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2009
              You can either upload them to the files section or put them up on the wiki. I personally will try to start a wiki page with Kerry's findings, perhaps you can do the same with yours?