Re: [pcgen] Strange errors when running pcgen interactively using eclipse

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
      Hi JRF,

      Sounds like you are off to a good start.

      In your run config make sure that your working directory is the pcgen
      directory. That way it can find the system, data etc folders that it
      needs. The vendor data folder is an optional extra so I'd recommend
      pulling the data files from there and leaving it only for extra files
      you install (home brew data sets, third party ones etc).

      Oh and you probably want to send this sort of thing to the developers
      list: pcgen_developers @ yahoogroups.com - it is where us code monkeys
      hang out.

      .
      On 18/06/2009 5:24 AM eigh_fk_not_searchable wrote

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 17, 2009
        --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
        > In your run config make sure that your working directory is the pcgen
        > directory. That way it can find the system, data etc folders that it
        > needs.

        Looks to me from the error messages that James has the right idea of what is wrong - The underlying problem is that the DoubleKeyMapToList of tokens is never loaded... which indicates to me that PCGen never found the plugins directory when it was launched.

        TP.
      • Jason
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 18, 2009
          James/Tom,

          Thanks for referring me to this group and for your assistance.

          The problem that I've run into is that the lst files don't appear to get parsed unless they are in the vendordata folder. if I shouldn't copy the lst files to \vendordata\, where should I copy them to?

          With regards to Tom's recommendation, I changed the gmgen.files.gmgenPluginDir entry in the options.ini I'm now getting different errors... so Tom, I think you pointed me in the right direction... I just need to spend some more time tweaking the options.ini file.

          Also, when I first ran pcgen from eclipse, it prompted me for a data folder to store the options.ini. How do I get it to prompt me for that location again without creating a new project in eclipse?