Reincarnation

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2009
      From the mind of Fluxxdog:

      https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2817282&group_id=25576&atid=750092

      This tracker tackles reincarnation. I have several option and wanted to pony
      a few ideas up here.

      1: This is the simplest. Templates for the base races and the 14 monsters
      listed in the spell. It's cut and dry, but would be effective. Any other
      races would have to be hand coded (i.e. Homebrew) to remove certain abilities.
      If you want a drow to become a minotaur, both of those would have to be coded
      by hand. That's only about 21 templates.
      2: Coding that allows it to become more flexible. Honestly, this is out there
      and I don't want to dump this out for something that (in all the games I've
      seen) is rarely used. as I noted in the FReq, the Gnome's "Dodge Giant"
      ability listed above is only listed as TYPE:SpeicalQuality. Code work
      would have to enable the .CLEAR to remove abilities by type and then enable
      a way to have types be assigned or change the abilties to add the Racial
      type.. OR, instead of assigning these as AUTOMATIC abilities in the race
      files, have them added as RACIAL abilties. Either way, confusing and
      probably not a good idea.

      Personally, I'd go with option 1, but I thought I'd run it by here for ideas
      and opinions, just in case there's something I might have overlooked.
      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.