Re: [pcgen_developers] Hello

  • Billy Brown
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 13 6:23 AM
      what I mean by skill distribution is that from the menu that pops up when you get a bonus skill point(say from favored class), expanding that menu such that you can see where all your current skill points are allocated already making it easier to deide where those extra points should go without backing out, looking at skills, and getting back into the menu

      On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

      Hi Billy,

      There are some interesting ideas there and I think they should be possible.

      What did you mean by skill distribution, is that showing which levels/classes skills were taken at?

      On 13/08/2013 8:43 PM Billy Brown wrote
      adding a method for users to mark an item as personally crafted
      adding a method for users to enter custom one time discounts (discounts component(s) of the item)
      adding a method for users to upgrade equipment already in their inventory
      changing the method to add skill points such that you can see current skill distribution
      optimization of the equipment search (it lags when you revers it, i.e. remove one character at a time)
      expansion on the GM tools, including but not limited to being able to add templates on the fly

      I'm new to the whole SVN thing so I'm currently messing with it, so I'm not really sure how feasible all of these items are because I have not looked at the source, but these are the things I hope to accomplish right now.

      On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM, billybrpwned <billybusbrown@...> wrote:

      In following the list of steps listed on the wiki, I am introducing myself. My name is billy, and I have a little coding experience(meaning college classes and a bunch of personal projects). I'm mainly interested in adding new features for my gaming group to make PCGEN something everyone in my group wants to use.

      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 20 6:37 AM
        You have any questions? Settling in okay?

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 20 1:31 PM

          Just exploring the project.  I'm setting up tests for what I plan to change, which should be a trivial matter, but I'm not familiar enough with the project.  It's just taking me extra time.  Also I'm working overtime this week so I don't have much free time

          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 20 3:58 PM
            Sounds good. And I hear you on the over time. I got called into work, so by the end of the week,
            I'll have a little over 72 hours clocked.