PCGen 6.00.01 RC2 Release Tomorrow

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013

      Tomorrow I will be putting out the 6.00.1 RC2 release. This should start
      around 18:00 AEST 16 Apr or 08:00 UTC.

      The release notes are available at
      http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/HEAD/tree/branches/6.00.x/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-6001RC2.html?format=raw
      . Please have a read and let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

      Lastly, please give the latest autobuild (see
      http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html) a test to check for
      any show-stopper issues.

      All going well, we hope to have the final 6.00.1 release out within a week.

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013
        Is CODE-2045 supposed to be defaulting to the pcgen dir or was it just taking off the double (default) from the dialog? Because mine is still defaulting to the "Home Dir"
      • Paul
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013
          1) It isn't remembering source tab selected nor sources selected from session to session. It looks like the basic tab is always being selected first.

          2) Save/Open character isn't pointing to the last place characters were saved &/or the default character directory. (ie it's always defaulting to Documents). Is this expected behavior?

          --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > Tomorrow I will be putting out the 6.00.1 RC2 release. This should start
          > around 18:00 AEST 16 Apr or 08:00 UTC.
          >
          > The release notes are available at
          > http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/HEAD/tree/branches/6.00.x/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-6001RC2.html?format=raw
          > . Please have a read and let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.
          >
          > Lastly, please give the latest autobuild (see
          > http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html) a test to check for
          > any show-stopper issues.
          >
          > All going well, we hope to have the final 6.00.1 release out within a week.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > James Dempsey
          > PCGen Code SB

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013
            Note that I'm using a Windows 7 64bit system

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013
              Hi Paul,

              On 16/04/2013 2:21 AM Paul wrote
              > Is CODE-2045 supposed to be defaulting to the pcgen dir or was it just taking off the double (default) from the dialog? Because mine is still defaulting to the "Home Dir"

              That was just an update to the dialog - the default to home directory is
              the intended behaviour.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 15, 2013
                Hi Paul,

                1. If you want the advanced sources to come up by default, you can tick
                the box at the bottom of the advanced sources dialog.If this is not
                selected the basic sources would likely be overriding the old advanced
                sources.

                2. This is working ok for me. i.e. when I first start PCGen the open
                defaults to my selected directory, when I load from another directory if
                I then do "File > Save as", or load it offers the directory I last
                loaded from. Could you check that you have defined the character
                directory in preferences please? Also, are there any errors in the log
                for this?

                On 16/04/2013 3:17 AM Paul wrote
                > 1) It isn't remembering source tab selected nor sources selected from session to session. It looks like the basic tab is always being selected first.
                >
                > 2) Save/Open character isn't pointing to the last place characters were saved &/or the default character directory. (ie it's always defaulting to Documents). Is this expected behavior?
                >
                > --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:
                >> Hi,
                >>
                >> Tomorrow I will be putting out the 6.00.1 RC2 release. This should start
                >> around 18:00 AEST 16 Apr or 08:00 UTC.
                >>
                >> The release notes are available at
                >> http://sourceforge.net/p/pcgen/code/HEAD/tree/branches/6.00.x/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-6001RC2.html?format=raw
                >> . Please have a read and let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.
                >>
                >> Lastly, please give the latest autobuild (see
                >> http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds2/download.html) a test to check for
                >> any show-stopper issues.
                >>
                >> All going well, we hope to have the final 6.00.1 release out within a week.
                >>
                >> Cheers,
                >> James Dempsey
                >> PCGen Code SB

              • Paul
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 16, 2013
                  1) Yes was my fault, forgot about this :)

                  2) The full snapshot doesn't have the characters folder so it defaults to the documents folder. In the preferences it has this
                  "C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\Stuff\PCGEN\pcgen60001rc2\characters" when you select the pcgen dir option for the settings folder.