Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: Benchmarking Chris' PCGen Memory Improvements

  • Chris Dolan
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi Paul,

      I halted my project. The performance was too poor to be viable without a
      massive overhaul, which was beyond what I wanted to do in my hobby time.

      Before I gave up, I got the app to load and render a sample PC on my
      JellyBean tablet and my ICS phone, but it took 7 and 35 minutes
      respectively. Most of that time was spent in the Dalvik garbage collector,
      I believe, while parsing the many .lst files. For comparison, a nearly
      identical load-and-render Swing app ran in about 10 seconds under the
      Oracle JDK on my desktop.

      All of my code (my PCGen mods and my Android test app) is in github. I've
      posted the URLs a few times to this list.

      Chris