Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: SLOOOOOOOOOOOW

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 15, 2009
      Oops, that wasn't supposed to go out that early. Hit send when I shouldn't
      have. :) OK again:

      I tried some experiments before applying your patch. Did the same with the
      full 35e set, and the 10 levels of monk were added much faster, but not as
      fast as with 5.16. With the Pathfinder set it still took minutes. Weird. Then
      I tried the Pathfinder set with 10 levels of fighter - much faster, but still
      slow. 10 levels of paladin - just as slow as monk. I wonder what's different
      about the Pathfinder set that slows this down, but only in the new version of
      PCGen, and not in 5.16.

      OK, now applying the patch: OK much faster now both with the monk and paladin
      levels. It seems that did the trick.

      Equipping masterwork items and adding skills seems to be OK for now. I will
      continue testing and report if I find more slowdowns.

      Thanks for the patch!

      Regards,
      Stefan.