Re: Formula Coder help... getting this in a set I'm debugging

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2013
      The formula:

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1+(CL>=3)+(CL>=5)

      should be valid in JEP. It allows the >= stuff to do a "boolean" (and would resolve the same way as the if based code Andrew Wilson provided)

      That being said, the current parser is not nearly smart enough to pick up on such support. It is simply trying to match parenthesis. It caught a perfectly valid error in the data...

      The formula Andrew Maitland provided at the beginning of his note:

      BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1+(CL>=3)+(CL>=5)

      is NOT what the error reads. (This seems to be a case of human being filling in what it thinks should be there, not what is actually present.) Let's review the message:

      > 15:46:28.78 SEVERE Thread-6 LstObjectFileLoader:466 Error parsing file
      > file:/D:/pcgen/pcgen_dev/Trunk/pcgen/data/d20ogl/paradigm_concepts/arcanis/players_guide_to_arcanis/playersguidetoarcanis_abilities_class_prestige.lstline 437: COMBAT|AC|1+(CL>=3)+(CL>=5 reached end of String while attempting
      > to match: )
      > 15:46:28.79 SEVERE Thread-6 LstObjectFileLoader:468
      > Errors.LstFileLoader.Ignoring: COMBAT|AC|1+(CL>=3)+(CL>=5 reached end of
      > String while attempting to match: ) not defined.

      Note 2 things here:
      (1) This is referencing Line 437, which is Deflect Attack. (Not what Andrew M later provided). The Deflect Attack line that should be analyzed for a problem.
      (2) The token on that line and in the error message is: BONUS:COMBAT|AC|1+(CL>=3)+(CL>=5

      Note the missing parenthesis at the end. That is the error the loading system is catching. Just add a close parenthesis (give or take that Eric just provided a different answer to what the formula should be)