Re: [pcgen_developers] Moving Abilities to a "major" tab

  • Connor Petty
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      Hi Tom,
      The difficulty lies in how these abilities will be accessed through the facades. Right now the abilities are retrieved through the categories that contain them, mainly through CharacerFacade.getActiveAbilityCategories() and DataSetFacade.getAbilityCategories(). These are the access points that the current ability tab uses. So if you made a new category list in the facades then a new abilities tab could very easily use those instead.

      As far as I can tell TODOs are handled based on the tab title not the tab's class, so I don't think it would cause problems. At least that was what I gathered from a brief look at the code so maybe James will either confirm or deny me on that.

      Best Regards,
      Connor Petty

      On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 2:23 PM, thpr <thpr@...> wrote:

      James or Connor,

      UI question for you - how hard would it be to be able to have "multiple" Ability tabs (obviously with different names).

      This would involve - probably - a new token in the game mode ABILITYCATEGORY line.

      How difficult would it be for the UI to handle multiple instances of the Ability tab class? (and what breaks the worst - TODOs?)