Re: [pcgen_developers] OGL info

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
      Hi Paul,

      2009/6/9 Paul <nylanfs@...>:
      > Right now as it stands the OGL display pulls all the COPYRIGHT tags and puts them into one display (which is why it takes a while to pull up).
      >
      > How had do you think it would be alter the code to only display the sources that are being loaded?

      It should just be a case of scanning a different list, so shouldn't be
      hard at all. You wouldn't happen to have to hand the id of the
      tracker you've previously raised?

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
        --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

        > Hi Paul,
        >
        > 2009/6/9 Paul <nylanfs@...>:
        > > Right now as it stands the OGL display pulls all the COPYRIGHT tags and puts them into one display (which is why it takes a while to pull up).
        > >
        > > How had do you think it would be alter the code to only display the sources that are being loaded?
        > >

        > It should just be a case of scanning a different list, so shouldn't be
        > hard at all. You wouldn't happen to have to hand the id of the
        > tracker you've previously raised?

        > James Dempsey
        > PCGen Code SB

        I just looked and I couldn't find any trackers that fit, so maybe I just made a passing mention about it on the main list, and didn't request a tracker.

        I discovered it when I was working on my ShadowRun dataset and was using COPYRIGHT tags for that and discovered that it was loading everything and not just that set.
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2009
          From what I remember correctly from the PCGen 3.0 days, the idea
          behind the COPYRIGHT tag was to have a dynamic OGL screen based on
          what the user actually loaded. The tracker for getting to that
          (whether or not it was originally was coded that way or not, since
          everything was rushed back then) was deleted in a tracker sweep-up,
          IIRC. It wasn't considered a very big deal, since many users reported
          turning it off on the first run.....

          YMMV, I've been reminded recently that I'm getting old, and my memory
          gets fuzzy. Kinda depressing.

          Tir Gwaith
          PCGen LST Chimp