What are the next steps in the GUI/Core separation?

  • javydreamer
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
      Although the changes on 6.0 are great on this department, still is not at the level it should be. For example I'm still unable to load a character using Java.

      Maybe I'm just too new to the system and haven't figured out yet.
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 25, 2012
        Hi Javier,

        The path to follow is the batch export one. That doesn't load the UI and does automatic loading of a character's sources etc. Have a look at that one and then get back with what you want to do that this does not satisfy please.

        On 26 November 2012 08:53, javydreamer <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:
        Although the changes on 6.0 are great on this department, still is not at the level it should be. For example I'm still unable to load a character using Java.

        Maybe I'm just too new to the system and haven't figured out yet.

      • Javier Ortiz
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
          Can you point me to the code where I can find that? I don't know where to look.

          Thanks!
        • javydreamer
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
            Found it in: pcgen.system.BatchExporter. Will be taking a look soon.
          • javydreamer
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
              I took a look at BatchExporter and it seems like it'll export characters in a good format to consume. What I haven't seen yet is the counterpart where the loading of those files happen.

              Any hint?