Re: Missing authors and licence on source files

  • masaru20100
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2012
      I created http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1849 on the subject.

      Give the plugin a try, it seems there many files lacking the header.

      I also checked the wiki, there is no mention of a common header text.

      Would the following text be good?

      "
      Copyright ${year} ${name}

      This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
      modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
      License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
      version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

      This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
      Lesser General Public License for more details.

      You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
      License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
      Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
      "

      Regards,
      Vincent

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 15, 2012
          I tried to get to it this last weekend, but ran out of time due to needing to prepare for a business trip to NYC.  I'll see if I can slip it in while I'm here, but my time is pretty packed while in town.  At worst then that means I can get to it thanksgiving weekend.

          Devon

          On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

          Hi,

          Those would be the GMGen files, which Devon produced. Devon has previously granted them to the project under LGPL, but the in-code doco doesn't reflect that.

          Devon, would you be able to adjust the headers of the files please? That's the most legit way of making sure this is resolved.

          On 8 November 2012 13:02, masaru20100 <hooya.masaru20100@...> wrote:
          Dear pcgen developers,

          It seems, it is even worst than what I describe before as some files are licensed under the GPL and not the LGPL. Such an example is gmgen/pluginmgr/Plugin.java. In the same project, those can not be mixed. I fear that many classes will need to be deleted if the authors can not be contacted.

          Regards,
          --
          Vincent