Re: [pcgen_developers] Is there a reason to keep the Free Form project vs. a full Maven project

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
      On 05.11.2012 21:57, Javier Ortiz wrote:

      > The the goal is not to move into 100% Maven? The difference is a couple
      > of Netbeans folders that marks it as Free Form, nothing else changed.
      > I'm not changing the structure of the project at all.

      I must admit that I have no idea what maven is about or what "move the
      project into maven" would mean. Can you explain this in a general way?

      Stefan.
    • Javier Ortiz
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
        Basically a netbeans folder and some NetBeans specific files. I already tried it without issues.
      • Javier Ortiz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
          The project is already Mavenized, is just that the IDE recognizes it as a free form project (the icon with the butterfly) due to some files/folders present in there.

          On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Javier Ortiz <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:
          Basically a netbeans folder and some NetBeans specific files. I already tried it without issues.

        • javydreamer
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 9, 2012
            The beauty of Maven project is IDE independence. As long as we do everything in the POM no one will be hurt.