Re: [pcgen_developers] Is there a reason to keep the Free Form project vs. a full Maven project

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 5 1:19 PM
      Hi Javier,

      On 6/11/2012 7:57 AM Javier Ortiz wrote

        The the goal is not to move into 100% Maven?

      Yes I am keen to have a simple maven 2 build process. We have been slowly moving towards it, with the autobuild job running entirely on maven 2 now (but calling some ant tasks). I'd quite like the release process to be simplified into a single step maven process also (apart from release notes and upload that is). The current process is documented at http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Release_Instructions

      The difference is a couple of Netbeans folders that marks it as Free Form, nothing else changed. I'm not changing the structure of the project at all.

      That sounds safe enough. How does netbeans figure into this? Will that have any effect on those using Eclipse or IntelliJ as an IDE?

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5 2:37 PM
        On 05.11.2012 21:57, Javier Ortiz wrote:

        > The the goal is not to move into 100% Maven? The difference is a couple
        > of Netbeans folders that marks it as Free Form, nothing else changed.
        > I'm not changing the structure of the project at all.

        I must admit that I have no idea what maven is about or what "move the
        project into maven" would mean. Can you explain this in a general way?

        Stefan.
      • Javier Ortiz
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5 2:38 PM
          Basically a netbeans folder and some NetBeans specific files. I already tried it without issues.
        • Javier Ortiz
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5 2:39 PM
            The project is already Mavenized, is just that the IDE recognizes it as a free form project (the icon with the butterfly) due to some files/folders present in there.

            On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Javier Ortiz <javier.ortiz.78@...> wrote:
            Basically a netbeans folder and some NetBeans specific files. I already tried it without issues.

          • javydreamer
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 9 6:28 AM
              The beauty of Maven project is IDE independence. As long as we do everything in the POM no one will be hurt.