Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: Other potential cleanup in AbilityToken

    Message 1 of 19 , Sep 9, 2009
      2009/9/9 karianna03 <martijnverburg@...>:
      > Alternatively we could write the rules into the Maven build?  Maven supports various plugins
      > for checkstyle, findbugs, PMD etc, it does mean we need to organise displaying the maven
      > site and encouraging developers to look at the results of those tools.

      That means you have to leave your editor to find the problems. It's a
      lot easier to deal with if
      this stuff if your editor tells you about when you open a file.
      Having to go to a web site to
      find the problems is effectively adding another tool, silimar to
      having to load the code in several
      editors. I'm not greatly taken with that idea.

      I think we should start with at least the eclipse column of the table
      Tom mentioned, see what
      we think are reasonable things. Then if anybody wants to use a
      different tool they can fill in
      their column of the table. I think we need to know:

      1. What clean ups do we want
      2. which of them can the various editors support.

      If it turns out that everything we'd like is supported by all the
      tools currently being used, then
      we have a reasonably easy time. i don't think we can make sensible
      decisions without the info.

      Message 2 of 19 , Sep 10, 2009
        I have placed the table on the Wiki here:
        http://wiki.pcgen.org/index.php?title=Coding_Standards

        Andrew, can you fill in IDEA?
        Connor, can you fill in NetBeans?

        thpr@... and tppublic@...

            mailto:pcgen_developers-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:pcgen_developers-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 16, 2009
          I've updated this for the latest Eclipse 3.5 settings.

          Message 4 of 19 , Sep 16, 2009
            I will be looking at this, hopefully before the weekend.

            andrew

            Message 5 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
              Hi Andrew, any luck?

              Message 6 of 19 , Sep 28, 2009
                My machine died before I got a chance to fill that in. I don't currently have a
                machine with IDEA installed on it. I have a crappy machine that is barely
                capable of web browsing and email. My new machine should be arriving
                this week sometime, then I need to get it back into a useable state.

                Will fill this in, hopefully soon.

                andrew

                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 15, 2009
                  Hi Andrew,

                  I hope your new machine is all shiny and powerful (and useful for PCGen development of course ;p)

                  Any luck?

                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 15, 2009
                    It arrived yesterday, it is all shiny but I don't have IDEA installed on it yet.

                    I'll try to get on to that sometime in the next couple of days.

                    andrew

                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 21, 2009
                      Just to add to this,

                      Conor, I think you have Netbeans yes? Are you able to add your bits into this?

                      Thanks

                    • Connor Petty
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 21, 2009
                        I've filled out what I could. Hope it helps. I've also added a couple of Netbeans features that some eclipse user will have to fill out :P

                        ...time for me to get back to school work.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 22, 2009
                          Thanks, I'll take a look and see if there are Eclipse equivalents to the Netbeans stuff :).