Re: [pcgen_developers] Re: Future Plans and how I can contribute

  • Javier Ortiz
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
      Here's my idea:

      Use Marauroa as a server-client mechanism. I know, if you look at the link it shows an RPG game. What I use from them is their server-client. A stable, network traffic efficient, highly configurable system, which can be used for more than what they use it for. I know the code well as I have been using for many of my game related applications and even have an enhanced version of it that's even easier to incorporate: Simple Marauroa. I also documented everything I've learned about the system in this wiki.

      This will allow almost instantaneous updates from client to server and vice versa. With the system in place the experience can be enhanced with visuals, sounds, etc as you can see in the Marauroa link.

      Are there any questions you might have that I can answer before hand?

    • Javier Ortiz
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
        I'm in the channel right now.

        On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:

        I have a number of questions so we can have a productive discussion at the code meeting, so perhaps you can find me on the IRC channel today (I will try to be on from now until meeting this evening)

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2012
          I closed the IRC channel by mistake. What was that class again for importing characters?
        • javydreamer
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2012
            Any feedback from the meeting?

            I started working from the code/method you pointed out, but I need to provide a couple more parameters. I'll need to know how to load a DataSet. I guess I can pass null to the UI parameter, or not?

            ALso I'll like to get pointed to how plugins can be added, unless you think there's no way to do this via a plug-in.
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2012

              Yes, there was pretty much a positive reception to the idea. James should be posting the log of the meeting soon.

              The rest, you'll need a code monkey to reply.

              Cheers,