Re: [pcgen_developers] Eclipse Juno and Ant

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
      Hmm, that's not saying a lot, can you send me the script and what directory you normally run in from?

      On 30 October 2012 19:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      Ok, I'm looking at the Console and all I'm getting is the following:

      <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>

      <terminated> is exactly what the console said whereas <path to java> actually listed the path to java.

      Eric

      On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Maredudd wrote:

      > Hi Kar,
      >
      > I had the console up in Eclipse but nothing showed up except a statement about build.xml being terminated. Later today I'll try again with the regular console up and see what shows up.
      >
      > Eric
      >
      > On Oct 30, 2012, at 5:29 AM, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
      >
      >> What's the error message? And have you updated Juno recently (SR1 fixed a lot of nasty bugs)
      >>
      >> On 30 October 2012 02:24, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi Folks!
      >>
      >> About a month ago I upgraded to Eclipse Juno and have had no problems that coupd be traced back to Juno, yet . . .
      >>
      >> Anyway, I'm trying to run an ANT build file to create an OOC set and I can't seem to get it to run. I'm using the same build.xml file that I used for all of the OOC set that I used during the 5.16.x run, with the appropriate changes for the new set. I have appended the file below. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? James wrote the original file.
      >>
      >> ********************** build.xml ************************
      >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      >> <!--
      >> build.xml - an Ant build file for assembling data sets
      >> - Should be placed in the same folder as the install.lst
      >> - Run the default target to generate an OOC data install zip
      >>
      >> $Id: build.xml 192 2008-04-30 12:19:47Z James $
      >> -->
      >> <project name="pcgen" default="packageall" basedir=".">
      >> <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
      >> <property name="zipfile" value="../${datasetname}.pcz" />
      >>
      >> <target name="init">
      >> <echo>Generating install pack for ${datasetname}</echo>
      >> <echo>... install pack will be called ${zipfile}</echo>
      >> </target>
      >> <target name="cleanall">
      >> <delete file="${zipfile}" />
      >> </target>
      >> <target name="packageall" depends="init,cleanall">
      >> <zip zipfile="${zipfile}">
      >> <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*" excludes="build.xml"/>
      >> </zip>
      >> </target>
      >> </project>
      >> ***********************************

    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
        Hi Folks!

        I'm stumped. I'm using essentially the same build file that I used when building the 5.16.x OOC data sets. When I run the build file, which only builds a zip file, I get no zip files and only the line listed below in Eclipse's Console. When I look at the computers console it shows nothing.

        I am running Version: Juno Service Release 1, Build id: 20121004-1855, and Java SE 6 (32 & 64 bit) plus Open JDK 7 1.7.0u4-b13-20120.

        Any thoughts?

        Eric

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
          Hi Eric,

          Could there be a typo Brakes rather than Drakes, or was that just transcription?

          On 13 November 2012 16:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
> [...]

          >>> build.xml - an Ant build file for assembling data sets
          >>> - Should be placed in the same folder as the install.lst
          >>> - Run the default target to generate an OOC data install zip
          >>>
          >>> $Id: build.xml 192 2008-04-30 12:19:47Z James $
          >>> -->
          >>> <project name="pcgen" default="packageall" basedir=".">
          >>> <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
          >>> <property name="zipfile" value="../${datasetname}.pcz" />
          >>>
          >>> <target name="init">
          >>> <echo>Generating install pack for ${datasetname}</echo>
          >>> <echo>... install pack will be called ${zipfile}</echo>
          >>> </target>
          >>> <target name="cleanall">
          >>> <delete file="${zipfile}" />
          >>> </target>
          >>> <target name="packageall" depends="init,cleanall">
          >>> <zip zipfile="${zipfile}">
          >>> <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*" excludes="build.xml"/>

        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
            Hmmm, I've dropped back to Helios SR2 and the build files wrks fine. It seems to be a Juno issue.

            Eric

          • Eric C Smith
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
              Yeah, that was my typo and I can't copy from Juno's console view.

              Eric

              On Nov 13, 2012, at 12:20 AM, James Dempsey wrote:

              > Hi Eric,
              >
              > Could there be a typo Brakes rather than Drakes, or was that just transcription?
              >
              > <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>
              >
              > <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
              >

              > Cheers,
              > James Dempsey
              > PCGen Code SB
              >

              > On 13 November 2012 16:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
              > Hi Folks!
              >
              > I'm stumped. I'm using essentially the same build file that I used when building the 5.16.x OOC data sets. When I run the build file, which only builds a zip file, I get no zip files and only the line listed below in Eclipse's Console. When I look at the computers console it shows nothing.
              >
              > I am running Version: Juno Service Release 1, Build id: 20121004-1855, and Java SE 6 (32 & 64 bit) plus Open JDK 7 1.7.0u4-b13-20120.
              >
              > Any thoughts?
              >
              > Eric
              >
              > On Oct 30, 2012, at 2:14 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
              >
              > > Ok, I'm looking at the Console and all I'm getting is the following:
              > >
              > > <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>
              > >
              > > <terminated> is exactly what the console said whereas <path to java> actually listed the path to java.
              > >
              > > Eric
              > >
              > > On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Maredudd wrote:
              > >

              > >> Hi Kar,
              > >>
              > >> I had the console up in Eclipse but nothing showed up except a statement about build.xml being terminated. Later today I'll try again with the regular console up and see what shows up.
              > >>
              > >> Eric

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
                Hi Folks!

                I'm not sure whats really going on but it is official, I have dropped back to Helios and will not move beyond that, or maybe to Indigo later, until I can look into it further with the Eclipse team.

                I could not Juno to run the ANt build file that James had provided for me a couple of years ago, but Helios runs it just fine.

                Eric