Eclipse Juno and Ant

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 29, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      About a month ago I upgraded to Eclipse Juno and have had no problems that coupd be traced back to Juno, yet . . .

      Anyway, I'm trying to run an ANT build file to create an OOC set and I can't seem to get it to run. I'm using the same build.xml file that I used for all of the OOC set that I used during the 5.16.x run, with the appropriate changes for the new set. I have appended the file below. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? James wrote the original file.

      ********************** build.xml ************************
      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <!--
      build.xml - an Ant build file for assembling data sets
      - Should be placed in the same folder as the install.lst
      - Run the default target to generate an OOC data install zip

      $Id: build.xml 192 2008-04-30 12:19:47Z James $
      -->
      <project name="pcgen" default="packageall" basedir=".">
      <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
      <property name="zipfile" value="../${datasetname}.pcz" />

      <target name="init">
      <echo>Generating install pack for ${datasetname}</echo>
      <echo>... install pack will be called ${zipfile}</echo>
      </target>
      <target name="cleanall">
      <delete file="${zipfile}" />
      </target>
      <target name="packageall" depends="init,cleanall">
      <zip zipfile="${zipfile}">
      <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*" excludes="build.xml"/>
      </zip>
      </target>
      </project>
      ***********************************

          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 30, 2012
            Ok, I'm looking at the Console and all I'm getting is the following:

            <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>

            <terminated> is exactly what the console said whereas <path to java> actually listed the path to java.

            Eric

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 1, 2012
              Hmm, that's not saying a lot, can you send me the script and what directory you normally run in from?

              On 30 October 2012 19:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

              Ok, I'm looking at the Console and all I'm getting is the following:

              <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>

              <terminated> is exactly what the console said whereas <path to java> actually listed the path to java.

              Eric

              On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Maredudd wrote:

              > Hi Kar,
              >
              > I had the console up in Eclipse but nothing showed up except a statement about build.xml being terminated. Later today I'll try again with the regular console up and see what shows up.
              >
              > Eric
              >
              > On Oct 30, 2012, at 5:29 AM, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
              >
              >> What's the error message? And have you updated Juno recently (SR1 fixed a lot of nasty bugs)
              >>
              >> On 30 October 2012 02:24, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Hi Folks!
              >>
              >> About a month ago I upgraded to Eclipse Juno and have had no problems that coupd be traced back to Juno, yet . . .
              >>
              >> Anyway, I'm trying to run an ANT build file to create an OOC set and I can't seem to get it to run. I'm using the same build.xml file that I used for all of the OOC set that I used during the 5.16.x run, with the appropriate changes for the new set. I have appended the file below. Can anyone give me any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong? James wrote the original file.
              >>
              >> ********************** build.xml ************************
              >> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
              >> <!--
              >> build.xml - an Ant build file for assembling data sets
              >> - Should be placed in the same folder as the install.lst
              >> - Run the default target to generate an OOC data install zip
              >>
              >> $Id: build.xml 192 2008-04-30 12:19:47Z James $
              >> -->
              >> <project name="pcgen" default="packageall" basedir=".">
              >> <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
              >> <property name="zipfile" value="../${datasetname}.pcz" />
              >>
              >> <target name="init">
              >> <echo>Generating install pack for ${datasetname}</echo>
              >> <echo>... install pack will be called ${zipfile}</echo>
              >> </target>
              >> <target name="cleanall">
              >> <delete file="${zipfile}" />
              >> </target>
              >> <target name="packageall" depends="init,cleanall">
              >> <zip zipfile="${zipfile}">
              >> <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*" excludes="build.xml"/>
              >> </zip>
              >> </target>
              >> </project>
              >> ***********************************

            • Eric C Smith
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
                Hi Folks!

                I'm stumped. I'm using essentially the same build file that I used when building the 5.16.x OOC data sets. When I run the build file, which only builds a zip file, I get no zip files and only the line listed below in Eclipse's Console. When I look at the computers console it shows nothing.

                I am running Version: Juno Service Release 1, Build id: 20121004-1855, and Java SE 6 (32 & 64 bit) plus Open JDK 7 1.7.0u4-b13-20120.

                Any thoughts?

                Eric

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
                  Hi Eric,

                  Could there be a typo Brakes rather than Drakes, or was that just transcription?

                  On 13 November 2012 16:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
> [...]

                  >>> build.xml - an Ant build file for assembling data sets
                  >>> - Should be placed in the same folder as the install.lst
                  >>> - Run the default target to generate an OOC data install zip
                  >>>
                  >>> $Id: build.xml 192 2008-04-30 12:19:47Z James $
                  >>> -->
                  >>> <project name="pcgen" default="packageall" basedir=".">
                  >>> <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
                  >>> <property name="zipfile" value="../${datasetname}.pcz" />
                  >>>
                  >>> <target name="init">
                  >>> <echo>Generating install pack for ${datasetname}</echo>
                  >>> <echo>... install pack will be called ${zipfile}</echo>
                  >>> </target>
                  >>> <target name="cleanall">
                  >>> <delete file="${zipfile}" />
                  >>> </target>
                  >>> <target name="packageall" depends="init,cleanall">
                  >>> <zip zipfile="${zipfile}">
                  >>> <fileset dir="${basedir}" includes="**/*" excludes="build.xml"/>

                • Eric C Smith
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
                    Hmmm, I've dropped back to Helios SR2 and the build files wrks fine. It seems to be a Juno issue.

                    Eric

                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012
                      Yeah, that was my typo and I can't copy from Juno's console view.

                      Eric

                      On Nov 13, 2012, at 12:20 AM, James Dempsey wrote:

                      > Hi Eric,
                      >
                      > Could there be a typo Brakes rather than Drakes, or was that just transcription?
                      >
                      > <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>
                      >
                      > <basename property="datasetname" file="Book_of_Drakes"/>
                      >

                      > Cheers,
                      > James Dempsey
                      > PCGen Code SB
                      >

                      > On 13 November 2012 16:14, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
                      > Hi Folks!
                      >
                      > I'm stumped. I'm using essentially the same build file that I used when building the 5.16.x OOC data sets. When I run the build file, which only builds a zip file, I get no zip files and only the line listed below in Eclipse's Console. When I look at the computers console it shows nothing.
                      >
                      > I am running Version: Juno Service Release 1, Build id: 20121004-1855, and Java SE 6 (32 & 64 bit) plus Open JDK 7 1.7.0u4-b13-20120.
                      >
                      > Any thoughts?
                      >
                      > Eric
                      >
                      > On Oct 30, 2012, at 2:14 PM, Eric C Smith wrote:
                      >
                      > > Ok, I'm looking at the Console and all I'm getting is the following:
                      > >
                      > > <terminated> Book of Brakes build.xml [Ant Build] <path to java>
                      > >
                      > > <terminated> is exactly what the console said whereas <path to java> actually listed the path to java.
                      > >
                      > > Eric
                      > >
                      > > On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:47 AM, Maredudd wrote:
                      > >

                      > >> Hi Kar,
                      > >>
                      > >> I had the console up in Eclipse but nothing showed up except a statement about build.xml being terminated. Later today I'll try again with the regular console up and see what shows up.
                      > >>
                      > >> Eric

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 13, 2012
                        Hi Folks!

                        I'm not sure whats really going on but it is official, I have dropped back to Helios and will not move beyond that, or maybe to Indigo later, until I can look into it further with the Eclipse team.

                        I could not Juno to run the ANt build file that James had provided for me a couple of years ago, but Helios runs it just fine.

                        Eric