Re: [pcgen_developers] Build broken at svn rev 17545

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2012

      The code/pluginbuild.xml file needed to be updated to reflect the new package in this plugin. It worked fine when run from eclipse as all the classes are in the classpath. I've checked in a fix and it is working from the jar now too.

      On 1/10/2012 2:09 PM Andrew wrote
      Hi,

      As of rev
      17545
                http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/pcgen/?rev=17545&view=rev
      Author:   spraynpray
      Date:     2012-09-30 15:11:45 +0000 (Sun, 30 Sep 2012)
      I'm now getting errors on start up in pcgen:

      21:07:38.383 INFO main LanguageBundle:131 Initialising language bundle with locale en_US.
      21:07:40.556 SEVERE Plugin-loading-thread PluginClassLoader:163 Error occured while loading plugin: Overland.jar
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: plugin/overland/model/TravelMethodListener
              at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
              at pcgen.system.PluginClassLoader$JarClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:309)
              at pcgen.system.PluginClassLoader$3.run(PluginClassLoader.java:154)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
              at pcgen.system.PluginClassLoader$JarClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:307)
              ... 13 more

      21:07:40.672 SEVERE Plugin-loading-thread PluginClassLoader:163 Error occured while loading plugin: Overland.jar
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: plugin/overland/model/TravelMethodListener
              at pcgen.system.PluginClassLoader$3.run(PluginClassLoader.java:154)
              at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
              at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException
              at pcgen.system.PluginClassLoader$JarClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:307)
              ... 6 more

      If I go back to the prior rev everything is fine.

    • masaru20100
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2012
        Dear PCGen developers,

        Sorry for having broken the project. Is there a way to avoid the problem in the future? Maybe I need to launch the application by the script rather than the class in Eclipse, at least as a last test similar to "ant test".
        Is there a way to do a test in JUnit to detect that kind of problem?

        Regards,

        Vincent