GameMode name issue

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Hi Code team,
      I'm working on figuring out how to let the Pathfinder beta and final
      co-exist without conflict and am running into a problem which I thought we
      had addressed.

      I found that in 5.16.1 the name of the game mode used in the title bar at
      the top and in the pcg file is taken from the directory name the gameMode
      files are in and not from MENUENTRY and ALLOWEDMODES as one might expect.

      I know I've brought up something similar if not this but I don't now recall
      the details or the resolution. The problem I'm having is that if I change
      the gameMode directory to Pathfinder_Beta the characters will fail to load,
      the only option is to keep it the same in which case the gameMode directory
      for the final rules will need to be modified.

      Ideally I would think the program bar would use MENUENTRY for it's display
      simply because it would look better, our directory names never use spaces
      for cross platform reasons and so that results in display names of
      Darwins_World_2 and Legends_of_Excalibur

      For pcg files I would think ALLOWEDMODES would be used but since that can
      have multiple entries there might be unintended consequences. Also, if it is
      changed from how it works now PCGen would need to accept PC's using the
      former method (and silently change that) because there are cases where
      ALLOWEDMODES and the directory name differ.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      ~ PCGen Board of Directors