Re: [pcgen_developers] Release notes (Re: PCGen 5.17.17 Beta release imminent)

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012
      Hi Vincent,

      On 6/09/2012 11:26 PM masaru20100 wrote

      > Hi,
      >
      > Even if I'm not a developer,
      Well on the way though with a few great patches provided. Let me know if
      you'd like to join the code team.

      > I wanted to answer the question of James on the release notes and ask a couple related ones.
      >
      > In the release note, I read that NPC creation is not yet supported. Yet there is a PC/NPC flag in the summary tab. Is there other elements missing?
      I might rephrase that to random NPC creation. You can definitely create
      an NPC manually in the new PCGen. In 5.16 there was a feature where you
      could say give me a mid level fighter who is lawful and has the race elf.

      > Do you want me to close http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1548 to include it in the release note? I didn't check all the points, that's why it is not closed. It would allow to include it in the release notes.
      Anything resolved is in the release notes, which includes CODE-1548. So
      there is no rush to check over the lot. That extra checking is
      appreciated though!

      > And lastly, do you want to include my work in progress translation file? I put it in pcgen_international files but it isn't the latest one. Last time I checked, I have 11% non translated strings and 22% need review strings (fuzzy).

      Yes that would be great please. I'll create a JIRA issue for the French
      translation and assign it to you. Feel free to upload it there. It will
      be a great advance on the old translation.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 9, 2012
        Hi,

        There was a rush of work over the last few days, including a couple of new sources and maybe 20 or more features and bug fixes, so I waited for that to settle down. I'll do the beta release tonight.

        Please hold off on any intrusive/risky changes if you could.

        On 6 September 2012 21:42, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

        Hi,

        The release notes are up now. Feedback is welcome.

        On 6/09/2012 9:33 AM James Dempsey wrote
        Hi,

        On Saturday I will be putting out the 5.17.17 beta release. This should start around 14:00 AEST 8 Sep or 04:00 UTC.

        The release notes will be available in around 12 hours at http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-51717.html . Please have a read when they are up and let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

        Lastly, please give the latest autobuild (see http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/download.html) a test to check for any show-stopper issues.

        Note: For our project the start of the beta cycle heralds a freeze on new features, particularly in code. There are still a couple of data sets being worked on which may be added after beta though.