Re: PCGen 5.17.17 Beta release imminent

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012

      The release notes are up now. Feedback is welcome.

      On 6/09/2012 9:33 AM James Dempsey wrote
      Hi,

      On Saturday I will be putting out the 5.17.17 beta release. This should start around 14:00 AEST 8 Sep or 04:00 UTC.

      The release notes will be available in around 12 hours at http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/Trunk/pcgen/installers/release-notes/pcgen-release-notes-51717.html . Please have a read when they are up and let me know if anything is missing or incorrect.

      Lastly, please give the latest autobuild (see http://www.pcgen-test.org/autobuilds/download.html) a test to check for any show-stopper issues.

      Note: For our project the start of the beta cycle heralds a freeze on new features, particularly in code. There are still a couple of data sets being worked on which may be added after beta though.

    • masaru20100
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012

        Even if I'm not a developer, I wanted to answer the question of James on the release notes and ask a couple related ones.

        In the release note, I read that NPC creation is not yet supported. Yet there is a PC/NPC flag in the summary tab. Is there other elements missing?

        Do you want me to close http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1548 to include it in the release note? I didn't check all the points, that's why it is not closed. It would allow to include it in the release notes.

        And lastly, do you want to include my work in progress translation file? I put it in pcgen_international files but it isn't the latest one. Last time I checked, I have 11% non translated strings and 22% need review strings (fuzzy).

        Regards,
        --
        Vincent
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 6, 2012
          Hi Vincent,

          On 6/09/2012 11:26 PM masaru20100 wrote

          > Hi,
          >
          > Even if I'm not a developer,
          Well on the way though with a few great patches provided. Let me know if
          you'd like to join the code team.

          > I wanted to answer the question of James on the release notes and ask a couple related ones.
          >
          > In the release note, I read that NPC creation is not yet supported. Yet there is a PC/NPC flag in the summary tab. Is there other elements missing?
          I might rephrase that to random NPC creation. You can definitely create
          an NPC manually in the new PCGen. In 5.16 there was a feature where you
          could say give me a mid level fighter who is lawful and has the race elf.

          > Do you want me to close http://jira.pcgen.org/browse/CODE-1548 to include it in the release note? I didn't check all the points, that's why it is not closed. It would allow to include it in the release notes.
          Anything resolved is in the release notes, which includes CODE-1548. So
          there is no rush to check over the lot. That extra checking is
          appreciated though!

          > And lastly, do you want to include my work in progress translation file? I put it in pcgen_international files but it isn't the latest one. Last time I checked, I have 11% non translated strings and 22% need review strings (fuzzy).

          Yes that would be great please. I'll create a JIRA issue for the French
          translation and assign it to you. Feel free to upload it there. It will
          be a great advance on the old translation.