Code Team Report 20120808

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7 4:48 PM

      I'm unable to make the BoD meeting today (its outside of my lunch break), so I've included the report here:

      We released the final alpha a few weeks ago and since then my focus has been on getting the final work done for beta. The following tasks are scheduled for inclusion in the beta but have not been completed yet:

      T Key Summary Status Assignee
      Bug CODE-1523 Description -> Campaign History has Excess White Space Open Open Unassigned
      New Feature CODE-1520 cannot filter follower or mount on companion tab Open Open Connor Petty
      Bug CODE-1410 LST Converter - Abilities Stripped In
Progress In Progress James Dempsey
      New Feature CODE-1394 "Load Sources" to indicate overal success of load more visibly Open Open Connor Petty
      New Feature CODE-527 Implement I18n on new UI tabs In
Progress In Progress James Dempsey

      I am making slow progress on CODE-1410 as I have hit a few problems in meshing game mode loading with the LST converter context usage. I am currently finalising a bit of a hack to get the required objects (ability categories and wield categories) directly into the LST converter context. Once done we should be able to do data conversion again. As the LST conversion is a first step for the data team after the start of beta it is essential to have it working.

      The other four items are far more in the nice to have range. If they get in for beta it would be nice, but if not then the features would have to be held off for a later 6.0 or 6.1 release. The il8n work is largely complete and just requires a final tidy up of the default, English, properties file to remove now unused entries. So really once we get the LST converter working again we should be clear to do the beta release.

      On the team front, Jonas Karlsson (jujutsunerd) has rejoined the team and has offered to look at clean-up and other general bug fixes initially. Welcome back Jonas!

      Mike "Merkidemis" Isaacson has also joined the team and has already contributed some great javadoc work. Welcome Mike!