Back and there and back, again

  • jujutsunerd
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
      That is, hi folks!

      My name is Jonas Karlsson, and I used to be quite active back in the good old days when I was ten years younger or so. :) (Don't remember when I dropped out, but it's been years and years.)

      I went to a seminar Karianna (aka The Diabolical Developer) held at Java One last year (well worth attending incidentally, both Java One in general, and Karianna's seminar in particular. Definitely the highest LPM* event I went to at Java One.) I've been thinking about rejoining since then, and as I just started a Pathfinder campaign, well, here I am.

      Anyway, for those who don't know/remember me, the basics are:

      Swede, mostly harmless.

      On a more detailed level, I live in northern Sweden, have several yellow belts in jujutsu, code for mon(k)ey(s), my current client calls me an architect (and my boss agrees, since that means she can charge more for my time :), I'll play any rpg that doesn't run away fast enough, I keep intending to learn clojure properly, I'm stubbornly lazy and have rather unreadable handwriting.

      If my campaign doesn't uncover any bugs, I'm likely to grab some of the low-hanging fruit (whether that be easy bugs or janitorial stuff like doing away with deprecations) until I feel comfortable with how stuff works nowadays.

      /Jonas

      *Laughs Per Minute. :)
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
        Hey Jonas,

        Welcome back to the monkey house :)

        I see you still have project access! Not sure where things were at when
        you were last on but we are tracking bugs etc at http://jira.pcgen.org now.

        On 18/07/2012 7:33 PM jujutsunerd wrote

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
          Welcome back man!  Glad my talk helped a little (not that I was making fun of our god classes at the time ;p)

          On Wednesday, 18 July 2012, James Dempsey wrote:

          Hey Jonas,

          Welcome back to the monkey house :)

          I see you still have project access! Not sure where things were at when
          you were last on but we are tracking bugs etc at http://jira.pcgen.org now.

          On 18/07/2012 7:33 PM jujutsunerd wrote
          > That is, hi folks!
          >
          > My name is Jonas Karlsson, and I used to be quite active back in the good old days when I was ten years younger or so. :) (Don't remember when I dropped out, but it's been years and years.)
          >
          > I went to a seminar Karianna (aka The Diabolical Developer) held at Java One last year (well worth attending incidentally, both Java One in general, and Karianna's seminar in particular. Definitely the highest LPM* event I went to at Java One.) I've been thinking about rejoining since then, and as I just started a Pathfinder campaign, well, here I am.
          >
          > Anyway, for those who don't know/remember me, the basics are:
          >
          > Swede, mostly harmless.
          >
          > On a more detailed level, I live in northern Sweden, have several yellow belts in jujutsu, code for mon(k)ey(s), my current client calls me an architect (and my boss agrees, since that means she can charge more for my time :), I'll play any rpg that doesn't run away fast enough, I keep intending to learn clojure properly, I'm stubbornly lazy and have rather unreadable handwriting.
          >
          > If my campaign doesn't uncover any bugs, I'm likely to grab some of the low-hanging fruit (whether that be easy bugs or janitorial stuff like doing away with deprecations) until I feel comfortable with how stuff works nowadays.
          >
          > /Jonas
          >
          > *Laughs Per Minute. :)

        • jujutsunerd
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
            --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, James Dempsey <jdempsey@...> wrote:

            > Hey Jonas,
            >
            > Welcome back to the monkey house :)

            Oook! Oook! Oooook! <Jumps up and down, hooting> :)

            > I see you still have project access! Not sure where things were at when
            > you were last on but we are tracking bugs etc at http://jira.pcgen.org now.

            Heh, I had not only forgotten the password to my sourceforge account, my recovery mail address was two domain changes back. Good thing I seemed mostly harmless to the guy at sourceforge that helped me regain access to the account. ;-)

            Anyway, I found the JIRA and will dig through it for something that seems safe to do. Incidentally, if I decide to do some janitorial stuff (deprecations, checkstyle, warnings, that kind of thing), should I do a code freq for it? (Or, and I could easily check this myself I guess, is there a 'cleanup' freq?)

            /Jonas
          • jujutsunerd
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 18, 2012
              --- In pcgen_developers@yahoogroups.com, Martijn Verburg <martijnverburg@...> wrote:

              > Welcome back man! Glad my talk helped a little (not that I was making fun of our god classes at the time ;p)

              Oh no, definitely not. ;-)

              Glad to be back, to pcgen and d20 both. 4e just isn't for me. (It works ok for me as a player, but, for some reason it doesn't work as a dm. The opposite of many others, I'm weird I guess. :-)

              /Jonas