Re: [pcgen_developers] Can someone explain ASPECT?

  • Henk Slaaf
    Message 1 of 8 , May 8, 2012
      2) Collecting conditional bonuses to saving throws: lots of abilities
      have saving throw bonuses that only apply to some saves, but not all, so
      they cannot be added into the general save values. We have a large box
      where players can record their own conditional bonuses, but why do it
      manually when PCGen can do it for you. This is done by adding the type
      "SaveBonus" to an ability's TYPE tag, and adding this ASPECT tag:

      ASPECT:SaveBonus|<text>
      or
      ASPECT:SaveBonus|<text>|<variables...>

      where <text> reads something like "+2 vs. poison" or "+%1 vs. fear
      effects" with an appropriate variable listed. PCGen can then collect
      these and print them in the box.

      Am I right that this is currently not in the Standard XSL?

      Best,

      Henk