Java 6 Is Going Away Soon

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012

      According to http://java.com/en/java7faq/ and
      http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html Java 6 is about
      reach end of life. That's ok, but the big issue is that Windows users
      will be automatically upgraded to Java 7 "in coming weeks". Non Open JDK
      isn't available on Linux currently either unless you do a manual install.

      That means the 5.16.4 version will start failing for many people as they
      get upgraded.

      So I think a release of 6.0 just got urgent!

      Once we get this weekend's release out we'll need to do a stock take on
      what is left to do before we go beta. At this stage anything optional is
      going to have to wait I think. That includes the LST editor I suspect.