Re: [pcgen] Raising the memory limits

  • Henk Slaaf
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 25, 2012

      On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 19:59, Henk Slaaf <henk@...> wrote:

      The code looks good, but there is a catch :) The pcgen.sh file is not in
      SVN, but is generated by ant based on the code in build.xml. So if you
      could update the build.xml to cover your change that would be great. The
      generation code starts at line 277.

      Hey James,

      I took the liberty to commit revision 16664 to SVN. It implements #CODE-1440 for Linux.

      It now takes a minimum of 256MB of memory from the system, but takes more if more is available: minimum 1/4 of what's available and maximum 1/2 of what is available. Available == grep 'MemFree:' /proc/meminfo on Linux.

      I'll start working on MacOSX in a minute.

      Now also available in SVN. Commit in SVN at 16665. A little cleanup of the code is in SVN at 16666.

      We might also need to code in a "maximum" minimum, but let's see where this code takes us.

      Best,

      Henk