[PCGenListFileHelp] Re: Use of TOTAL tag within CONTAINS (equipment list)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 8, 2012
      I'm re-replying to this with a note for the permanent archives that does not contain email addresses. I have deleted the original messages from the list since Yahoo doesn't seem to be appropriately filtering out e-mail addresses in replies (thought it did that)

      Apologies to the mail subscribers who receive this multiple times.

      First, this looks like a data bug in the Pathfinder data in how TOTAL is used. TOTAL applies to the ENTIRE tag, and is not order dependent... so the quiver as coded will not work with as the efficient quiver as defined in this email.

      Second, I'm not sure the code can do what is being asked. I believe we need a FREQ to allow contains to look something like:

      CONTAINS:*UNLIM|Wand,Arrow=60|Javelin,Rod=18|Bow,Spear,Staff=6

      Let me add one other thing. You can also mod things to create a new type... which while annoying does make it work. (And probably what will have to be done in Pathfinder, just like the RSRD uses the Ammunition, Thrown and Weapon types for what is in Efficient Quiver)

      Response from original user:

      > Thanks for the replies.
      >
      > Yes, I can (and probably will) use a mod, but I find them hard to
      > use while experimenting with stuff.
      >
      > My summary of your replies is that I need to make one FREQ to add
      > the new functionality (BTW, I like your approach to the syntax);
      > and one bug report about the TOTAL tag for the Efficient Quiver in
      > the Pathfinder data. Is that correct?

      My final response:

      correct on both counts.