New UI Comments

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2012
      Hi Folks!

      Got my memory issue workrd out withe autobuild so now I'm running on jet fuel and can do more poling.

      Over the course of my testing I've build a 5th lvl Halfling Druid and it is driving out some issues.

      1) [Spells/Prepared Spells] My test druid is supposed to be able to prepare 4/4+1/3+1/1+1 spells with the plus spell slots being Druid Domain spell slots. What shows up on the S/PS tab's right pane as prepared is 4/2+1/3+1/0 (I haven't added 3rd level spells yet).

      1.a) When I try to add the last two 1st level spells, those being one regular and one domain spell, I get the message that I am only allowed five 1st level spells and no higher level spell slots are available. I removed all 1st level spells and loaded two regular spells and got the warning that only a domain spell could be loaded into the last slot so I loaded the domain spell. Then when I switch to the OS Preview it shows 4/4/4 spells prepared with all four 1st level spells being regular spells and no domain spell. After changing the OS Preview to a different sheet and then back again (see note #2 below), the Prepared Spells showed up as 4/5/4, with two 1st level listed that are not listed on the S/PS tab.

      1.b) I then tried to prepare a regular 3rd level spell and got the warning about only a domain spell could be loaded into the remaining slot(s) as the other slot was already filled with a spell from a lower level. There were no other 3rd level spells prepared at that time and the checkbox for "Allow Use of Higher Level Slots" is unchecked. I loaded a domain spell and it loaded fine. I then removed it, juggled the OS preview sheets, then tried to add a regular spell again and got the same answer.

      1.c) I removed the three 1st level spells but have no clue how to remove the other spells that only show up on the OS other than editing the pcg so I did. I closed the character, opened the pcg file with BBEdit, and cut the two offending spells out and then repasted them in and saved. I reloaded the character into PCGen and the spells were there and I removed them. I then removed all spells from the character. I checked the pcg file and all spells are now removed. Starting to add spell from scratch . . . and everything works as expected . . . I'll ticker a bit later to see what I did to break it so I can report back and see if we can avoid it in the future.

      2) I've mentioned twice before about the OS Preview refresh issue and I know James has a plan, so I'm good, but I do want to add that I think this issue os important enough to fix soonest, if not before 5.17.11 goes out.

      3) [Inventory/Equipment] I think someone may have mentioned this one before but when quipping and unequipping its a little confusing. I was checking out another bug that I had spotted the other day but had not gotten around to reporting yet and discovered that its been fixed, but in the mean time I didn't see the Unequip button. Double clicking did the job but it was odd that there would be an Equip button but nit an Unequip button. Then I noticed that the Unequip button is on the far left side if the window. I think we should swap the placement of the Equip and Unequip buttons. When equiping an item I am looking at the left side of the window. When unequiping I am looking at the right side of the window. It makes sense to me to have the button on the side of the screen I am looking at.

      Maredudd
    • Eric C Smith
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2012
        Hi Folks!

        Eric C Smith wrote:
        > 1) [Spells/Prepared Spells] My test druid is supposed to be able to prepare 4/4+1/3+1/1+1 spells with the plus spell slots being Druid Domain spell slots. What shows up on the S/PS tab's right pane as prepared is 4/2+1/3+1/0 (I haven't added 3rd level spells yet).
        >
        > 1.a) When I try to add the last two 1st level spells, those being one regular and one domain spell, I get the message that I am only allowed five 1st level spells and no higher level spell slots are available. I removed all 1st level spells and loaded two regular spells and got the warning that only a domain spell could be loaded into the last slot so I loaded the domain spell. Then when I switch to the OS Preview it shows 4/4/4 spells prepared with all four 1st level spells being regular spells and no domain spell. After changing the OS Preview to a different sheet and then back again (see note #2 below), the Prepared Spells showed up as 4/5/4, with two 1st level listed that are not listed on the S/PS tab.
        >
        > 1.b) I then tried to prepare a regular 3rd level spell and got the warning about only a domain spell could be loaded into the remaining slot(s) as the other slot was already filled with a spell from a lower level. There were no other 3rd level spells prepared at that time and the checkbox for "Allow Use of Higher Level Slots" is unchecked. I loaded a domain spell and it loaded fine. I then removed it, juggled the OS preview sheets, then tried to add a regular spell again and got the same answer.
        >
        > 1.c) I removed the three 1st level spells but have no clue how to remove the other spells that only show up on the OS other than editing the pcg so I did. I closed the character, opened the pcg file with BBEdit, and cut the two offending spells out and then repasted them in and saved. I reloaded the character into PCGen and the spells were there and I removed them. I then removed all spells from the character. I checked the pcg file and all spells are now removed. Starting to add spell from scratch . . . and everything works as expected . . . I'll ticker a bit later to see what I did to break it so I can report back and see if we can avoid it in the future.

        Well, I launched PCGen to tinker some more and reloaded the Halfling Druid. The 1st level spells are wonky again. The Spells/Prepared Spells tab shows three 1st level spells while the OS shows five 1st level spells. To make it even more interesting, the two spells that are missing are "Magic Stone" spells, of which a third is still present on the tab. I didn't mention this before because I hadn't completely made the connection yet, but it seems that of you prep a spell more than once it messes up the spell tab.

        Additionally, now that I looking at it again, I can see that the domain spells have lost their id as a domain spell. I removed one of the regular spells and then tried to prepare it again and was told I could not load it as that slot was for a domain spell. It did, on the other hand, let me prepare a copy of the domain spell again, as the previously prepared domain spell is no longer identified as a domain spell.

        Maredudd