Re: [pcgen_developers] NEW GUI Comments

  • Devon Jones
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2012
      Yeah, we did use some other sources as well ;)

      On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 11:28 AM, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      Greetings Folks!

      Devon Jones wrote:

      > James wrote:
      >>
      >> Hi eric,
      >>
      >> Thanks for the feedback. I've put my responses inline.
      >>
      >> Eric wrote

      >>> - Where the heck did the names files come from? They're interesting!
      >> :) they were lurking in GMGen all this time. Devon might be able to give you more info as to where they came from. On my to-do list is to tidy that dialog up and look at adding the old lists in, although may are already covered.
      >
      > Those comes all the way back from before GMGen was even merged with PCGen. Most of them are based on SCA research into cultural naming. Turns out that to pick an official SCA name, it needs to have some level of historical validity. So they have a college of heralds who collect tons and tons of information on ancient naming practices. I mined that to make these.

      I thought that might have been one of the sources, though I doubt the Middle Earth info came from a recent SCA source. Maybe a 70's or early 80's SCA source! :-)

      Maredudd

      aka Brehyr Maredudd ap Cynan
      Ferret Herald-at-Arms Extraordinaire

      :-)