Re: SERVESAS Corner case issue

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2012
      There are 2 ways of dealing with a MULT:YES type scenario in the tokens. We might allow:
      SERVESAS:Martial Weapon Proficiency
      (effectively the abstract ability without an association)
      or (today) we allow:
      SERVESAS:Martial Weapon Proficiency (Longsword)
      (effectively only allowing a specific implementation of MWP)

      Note that the latter can ALWAYS "act" as the former provided you are willing to make the serving more detailed. The former can never act as the latter. So my bias would be to have us implement the latter (require specifics). Certainly that is something you can do in the data today to avoid the error.

      Note: I don't believe we want to be in a position of allowing either scenario - I think that gets us back into ambiguity land. We should pick one or the other.

      Having said that, it appears that while the token implements #2 (requiring the association), the internal code only enforces #1 (it won't check the association if it exists).

      I haven't checked the history of original implementation, to see whether it fully implemented #2, but we should do that, as that is different code than what we have today (note that SERVESAS was originally implemented before much of the non-clone rebuild I've done in 5.17.x)

      TP.