Re: [ARCH] PCGen Architecture Background

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 20, 2009
      Hi Tom,

      > Given today's activity, is your intent to clean up the Javadocs or
      > the published HTML docs? I am far more concerned about the HTML
      > docs, and as far as progress toward redoing the output system, I
      > think that is vastly more important than code cleanup. In
      > particular, I'm unsure of the life span of the output token code,
      > as some functions will be subsumed into the facets, and James will
      > have to provide guidance on what a templating engine would do to the
      > remaining token code. Thus, I'm unsure how much effort you want to
      > put into the code and Javadocs. YMMV.

      The HTML docs are the primary focus, but I'll also tidy up some of the Javadoc etc when I feel it is warranted. Usually when I don't understand a concept in PCGen (which is almost all of the time in our code base ;p) I comment the crap out of it and use that as a reference to go back to. The 'caching' concept in the AbilityToken is an example of this, I'll comment it deeply in that class, but won't bother elsewhere - I'll have my example by then).