Re: [pcgen_developers] Dev environment setup

    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 3, 2011

      Funny thing is this works on the two Windows Eclipse installs I run.

      Have you had any luck with this Devon?

      On 1/12/2011 4:40 AM Martijn Verburg wrote
      OK,so my Netbeans install doesn't report this issue and clearly the build from the command line works OK, so I'm calling this an Eclipse Bug.

      I'll report this to them once I get a spare 10 mins or so.

      Cheers,
      Martijn

      On 29 November 2011 14:41, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Not having any issue on my end. I updated to Eclipse 3.6 Helios, updated to subclipse 1.8 which uses svn 1.7 standards. Was able to build 5.17.9 (or technically -dev)

      I had to set my JAVA to use 1.6 though.

      On 11/28/2011 11:33 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:
      FWIW - I'm getting the same error - haven't investigated any further yet - will do so when I get back from Riga - K

      On 28 November 2011 23:21, Devon Jones <devon.jones@...> wrote:

      So I'm trying to get my PCGen development environment set back up, and thus far I can build the app via ant fine, but my eclipse is angry.

      I'm getting this error in both trunk and the uisync codebase (in eclipse).  any idea why?

      The method forgetObject(Loadable&CategorizedCDOMObject<Loadable&CategorizedCDOMObject<T>>)in the type ReferenceManufacturer<Loadable&CategorizedCDOMObject<Loadable&CategorizedCDOMObject<T>>>is not applicable for the arguments (T) AbstractReferenceContext.java /pcgen/code/src/java/pcgen/rules/context line 251 JavaProblem

      Devon

    • Devon Jones

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 7, 2011
          I've worked through a fix for this, will post details tomorrow, indeed it's an eclipse compiler bug - K

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011

            So the Short story is that you can fix it by applying the following patch:

            + // Work around a bug in the Eclipse compiler by explicitly
            extracting a Category<?>
            - return getManufacturer(cl, cdo.getCDOMCategory()).forgetObject(obj);
            + return getManufacturer(cl,
            (Category<?>)cdo.getCDOMCategory()).forgetObject(obj);

            The Longer story is that we have some truly gnarly generics going on
            in this area <waves at Tom ;p> and
            that the new Indigo compiler falls flat on its face. Given that javac
            1.6.0_29 and 1.7.0_1 and previous
            eclipse compilers work OK I'd say this is definitely an Indigo bug.

            So question is, shall I commit this patch so Indigo users can keep going?

            I will be reporting this to Eclipse - but a fast fix is unlikely.

          • Stefan Radermacher
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
              On 08.12.2011 13:00, Martijn Verburg wrote:
              > So question is, shall I commit this patch so Indigo users can keep going?

              I'd say commit it. I have a different problem with Indigo. When I try to
              create an "External Tool Configuration" (Ant Build) I cannot get Eclipse
              to see the build targets. I select build.xml on the Main tab, as usual,
              but the targets tab remains empty, and I cannot create the
              configuration. I have no idea why this doesn't work in 3.7, it works
              fine in 3.6.

              Stefan.
            • Devon Jones
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
                I agree, commit it

                Devon

                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
                  And done - enjoy folks!

                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
                    Hi Stefan,

                    This doesn't help you, but I get the targets just fine using that method.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
                      On 08.12.2011 17:09, Martijn Verburg wrote:
                      > This doesn't help you, but I get the targets just fine using that method.

                      That's weird, because I get that on four different machines with three
                      different operating systems. Weird.

                      Stefan.
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 8, 2011
                        The joy of development with Eclipse :-)