Re: [pcgen_developers] New GUI?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
      Hi Folks!

      I believe the idea is to integrate the new GUI into the dev cycle so using the standard numbering would be appropriate.

      Maredudd

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 15, 2011, at 12:19 PM, Connor Petty <mistercpp2000@...> wrote:

      Why couldn't we make the preview versions 5.99.x? Its not 6.0 but at least sets it apart from the 5.17.x line.

      On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Also, preview versions would be  5.17.10 till we reach 6.0.

      On 11/15/2011 6:31 AM, Andrew wrote:
      Hi,

      5.9.x was released a long time ago.

      Current version is 5.17.8
      Next Version is 5.17.9

      If we weren't having a 6.0, the next production version would be 5.18.x

      On 11/15/2011 4:55 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
      The verion number for the first stable release with the new GUI is planned to be 6.0, right? Wouldn't it make sense, perhaps, to go for a 5.9.x version number for the preview versions, then?

      Regards,
      Stefan.

      Am 14.11.2011 um 23:03 schrieb James Dempsey <jdempsey@...>:

      Hi Eric,

      Yes that was what I had planned in the back of my mind.

      On 15/11/2011 8:45 AM Eric C Smith wrote

      Cool!

      I guess that means though that 5.17.9 won't be it, but maybe we'll have 5.17.10 as a neat holiday gift for our user base! :-)

      Maredudd

      On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

      When James and Connor say it's ready :-).  It's close, James has a workaround for the Java 7 bug, the spells and printing are almost done, so before Xmas for sure.

      On 14 November 2011 13:36, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks!

      When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

      Maredudd

      Best Regards,
      Connor Petty