Re: [pcgen_developers] New GUI?

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011

      5.9.x was released a long time ago.

      Current version is 5.17.8
      Next Version is 5.17.9

      If we weren't having a 6.0, the next production version would be 5.18.x

      On 11/15/2011 4:55 AM, Stefan Radermacher wrote:
      The verion number for the first stable release with the new GUI is planned to be 6.0, right? Wouldn't it make sense, perhaps, to go for a 5.9.x version number for the preview versions, then?

      Regards,
      Stefan.

      Am 14.11.2011 um 23:03 schrieb James Dempsey <jdempsey@...>:

      Hi Eric,

      Yes that was what I had planned in the back of my mind.

      On 15/11/2011 8:45 AM Eric C Smith wrote

      Cool!

      I guess that means though that 5.17.9 won't be it, but maybe we'll have 5.17.10 as a neat holiday gift for our user base! :-)

      Maredudd

      On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

      When James and Connor say it's ready :-).  It's close, James has a workaround for the Java 7 bug, the spells and printing are almost done, so before Xmas for sure.

      On 14 November 2011 13:36, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks!

      When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

      Maredudd

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
          Why couldn't we make the preview versions 5.99.x? Its not 6.0 but at least sets it apart from the 5.17.x line.

          On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

          Hi,

[...]

          Best Regards,
          Connor Petty
        • Eric C Smith
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
            Hi Folks!

            I believe the idea is to integrate the new GUI into the dev cycle so using the standard numbering would be appropriate.

            Maredudd

            Sent from my iPhone