Re: [pcgen_developers] New GUI?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2011
      Cool!

      I guess that means though that 5.17.9 won't be it, but maybe we'll have 5.17.10 as a neat holiday gift for our user base! :-)

      Maredudd

      On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

      When James and Connor say it's ready :-).  It's close, James has a workaround for the Java 7 bug, the spells and printing are almost done, so before Xmas for sure.

      On 14 November 2011 13:36, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

      Hi Folks!

      When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

      Maredudd

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 14, 2011
        Hi Eric,

        Yes that was what I had planned in the back of my mind.

        On 15/11/2011 8:45 AM Eric C Smith wrote
        Cool!

        I guess that means though that 5.17.9 won't be it, but maybe we'll have 5.17.10 as a neat holiday gift for our user base! :-)

        Maredudd

        On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

        When James and Connor say it's ready :-).  It's close, James has a workaround for the Java 7 bug, the spells and printing are almost done, so before Xmas for sure.

        On 14 November 2011 13:36, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

        Hi Folks!

        When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

        Maredudd

      • Stefan Radermacher

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
            Hi,

            5.9.x was released a long time ago.

            Current version is 5.17.8
            Next Version is 5.17.9

            If we weren't having a 6.0, the next production version would be 5.18.x

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
                Why couldn't we make the preview versions 5.99.x? Its not 6.0 but at least sets it apart from the 5.17.x line.

                On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

[...]

                Best Regards,
                Connor Petty
              • Eric C Smith
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
                  Hi Folks!

                  I believe the idea is to integrate the new GUI into the dev cycle so using the standard numbering would be appropriate.

                  Maredudd

                  Sent from my iPhone