New GUI?

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 14, 2011
      Hi Folks!

      When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

      Maredudd

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 14, 2011
            Hi Eric,

            Yes that was what I had planned in the back of my mind.

            On 15/11/2011 8:45 AM Eric C Smith wrote
            Cool!

            I guess that means though that 5.17.9 won't be it, but maybe we'll have 5.17.10 as a neat holiday gift for our user base! :-)

            Maredudd

            On Nov 14, 2011, at 4:38 PM, Martijn Verburg wrote:

            When James and Connor say it's ready :-).  It's close, James has a workaround for the Java 7 bug, the spells and printing are almost done, so before Xmas for sure.

            On 14 November 2011 13:36, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:

            Hi Folks!

            When do we expect the new GUI to make its fisrt appearance in the alpha releases?

            Maredudd

          • Stefan Radermacher

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011

                5.9.x was released a long time ago.

                Current version is 5.17.8
                Next Version is 5.17.9

                If we weren't having a 6.0, the next production version would be 5.18.x

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
                    Why couldn't we make the preview versions 5.99.x? Its not 6.0 but at least sets it apart from the 5.17.x line.

                    On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 6:33 AM, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

                    Hi,

[...]

                    Best Regards,
                    Connor Petty
                  • Eric C Smith
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 15, 2011
                      Hi Folks!

                      I believe the idea is to integrate the new GUI into the dev cycle so using the standard numbering would be appropriate.

                      Maredudd

                      Sent from my iPhone