Java 1.4 convenience methods

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 15, 2011
      I noticed that we still have a lot of "convenience methods" for
      collections for Java 1.4 in pcgen.base.util. From 1.5 on these are
      probably better replaced by typed collections, as noted by Tom in the
      comments. Since we haven't been supporting Java 1.4 for quite some time
      now, shouldn't we remove these unsafe methods and update to more modern
      type-safe collection classes? I think it would make sense to do this in
      the 6.0 development cycle.

      Regards,
      Stefan.