x.PCG file

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
      Is there any particular reason why we couldn't switch to using an xml format for the character files themselves?

      Paul Grosse
    • Eric Jarman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
        I think a .jar/.zip based format would make more sense myself. Easier
        to include custom item .lst files and image files for character
        portraits. Maybe precompiled output sheets for the character as well.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
          Hi

          We had a few people at one stage looking at an XML/zip format. I'm not sure how far it went though.

          The code is set up to cope with different character storage formats though so this should be doable should someone wanted to step up to implement it.

          Cheers,
          James

          On 14/07/2011, at 12:06 PM, Eric Jarman <eric.h.jarman@...> wrote:

          > I think a .jar/.zip based format would make more sense myself. Easier
          > to include custom item .lst files and image files for character
          > portraits. Maybe precompiled output sheets for the character as well.
          >
          > On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Paul <nylanfs@...> wrote:
          >> Is there any particular reason why we couldn't switch to using an xml format for the character files themselves?
          >>
          >> Paul Grosse

        • Paul
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 13, 2011
            It is? That's interesting