Re: [pcgen_developers] Equipment 'Locations' Question

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2011

      Do we have a complete list of valid locations that are hardcoded?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2011
        Yeah, some of the refactoring I recently did of PlayerCharacter
        moved a bit of code that had them all spelled out from playercharacter
        to EquipSet.

        There are two ways the code deals with it, as strings and then it
        converts those strings to a java enum.

        /** The item is held in neither hand */
        EQUIPPED_NEITHER

        /** The item is held in the primary hand */
        EQUIPPED_PRIMARY

        /** The item is held in the secondary hand */
        EQUIPPED_SECONDARY

        /** The item is held in both hands */
        EQUIPPED_BOTH

        /** The item is either a double weapon or one of a pair of weapons */
        EQUIPPED_TWO_HANDS

        /** The item is held in neither hand and equipped for a temporary bonus */
        EQUIPPED_TEMPBONUS

        /** The item is carried but not equipped */
        CARRIED_NEITHER

        /** The item is contained by another item */
        CONTAINED

        /** The item is not carried */
        NOT_CARRIED

        the strings are:

        /** Equipment location string - both hands. */
        "Both Hands";

        /** Equipment location string - carried. */
        "Carried";

        /** Equipment location string - double weapon. */
        "Double Weapon";

        /** Equipment location string - equipped. */
        "Equipped";

        /** Equipment location string - natural-primary. */
        "Natural-Primary";

        /** Equipment location string - natural-secondary. */
        "Natural-Secondary";

        /** Equipment location string - not carried. */
        "Not Carried";

        /** Equipment location string - primary hand. */
        "Primary Hand";

        /** Equipment location string - secondary hand. */
        "Secondary Hand";

        /** Equipment location string - shield. */
        "Shield";

        /** Equipment location string - two Weapons. */
        "Two Weapons";

        /** Equipment location string - unarmed. */
        "Unarmed";

        I think it's probably this second list that you're interested in.

        andrew

        On 12 June 2011 14:41, Andrew <drew0500@...> wrote:

        Do we have a complete list of valid locations that are hardcoded?

        On 6/12/2011 6:38 AM, James Dempsey wrote:
        Hi Eric,

        I believe those are hard coded.

        On 12/06/2011 11:25 PM Eric C Smith wrote

        Hi Folks!

        Are the 'Location' where equipment can be equiped, e.g. PrimaryHand, SecondaryHand, BothHands, Carried, etc, hardcoded or are they GameMode dependent?

        Maredudd
        Doc 2nd